Retroarch 1.7.7 controls wont reflect remapping

Ok so I am using the latest stable release 1.7.7 of retroarch and no matter what core I use when i go to remap the controls and save it, the controls will show what I what I changed them too in the menu.

How ever when I’m in game they are still the default controls. Despite the remapping menu showing I did indeed change them they aren’t actually changed in game. I have no idea why this is and if anyone knows why please let me know.

For example. Let’s say B button is set to jump and A is set to shoot. If I set Y to jump instead and unmap B and save the remap for that game or even for that core, When I go in game B will still be jump and Y won’t do anything.

So it’s like changing the controls in retroarch is just for show and doesn’t actually do anything. The older versions of retroarch didn’t do this. They actually let me change controls.

This is the first I’ve heard of this issue, which would be a surprise if it’s widespread.

I would suggest trying a nightly build and, if that doesn’t get you fixed up, post a log and we can see if it’s anything obvious.

I literally just figured out why it was happening. There is a setting called bind remaps for this core i believe it is and turning that on fixed the problem.

1 Like