RetroArch 1.7.7 Keyboard Messed Up

So I first installed 1.4.1, from the terminal. I can control the menu fine with the arrow keys. Then, it updates to 1.7.7. First problem, I need to use a controller to move the menus. I just want to play EarthBound man, I’d rather use keyboard.

So I start trying things, and end up attempting to bind the “b” key on retropad to my keyboards “x” key. After inputting, it tells me that the key was bound to “slash” instead. I try other keys, and discover that the wasd keys are bound to 8uio. How do i fix this? I just wanna control the menu with my keyboard.

I use linux full time and have never encountered this, so it’s certainly not normal behavior. That said, the first thing I would try is changing to a different input driver, such as linuxraw instead of udev.

@hunterk i have near no experience with either retropie or linu, and don’t know how to do what you just told me to. If it helps, I run Elementary OS.

In RetroArch, go to settings > driver and change the input driver. If you can’t control the menu properly, you can modify your retroarch.cfg (located in ~/.config/retroarch) and look for input_driver = “udev” and change it to “linuxraw”

It worked. thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes