Retroarch (1.7.8) always adds duplicate titles

Retroarch adds a seemingly random number of duplicates every time I scan my ROM libraries.

I’ve tried manually deleting the playlist files twice and rescanned now, but it keeps happening. It’s weird too, it’s not just adding one duplicate, one game has 7, another has 2, and so on.

I should add, I’ve checked my actual library, and there are no duplicates of the files that I have found.

I’ve even considered writing a script to manually remove duplicate entries, but I’m not very good at scripting, and that seems like an unnecessary overcomplication.

I’m not experiencing that here… Could you pastebin a playlist showing the dupes?

Sure! I had to use the Ubuntu paste site instead because of file size restrictions.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/vk4NtPWxfJ/

For an example of a duplicate entry, Ctrl + F “The Battle of Midway”

Are you saying those files don’t exist? The ones with a # in the name are pointing to files inside of the zip archives, so if you have a GoodTools set (and it looks like you do; they’re the ones with the [!] and U, etc), they keep several copies of games inside a single zip archive.

The Battle of Midway is present 3 times in zip archives and 2 times unpacked (probably not deleted due to a crash):

(zip) 1943 (U).zip#1943 (U).nes
(zip) 1943 - The Battle of Midway (U) [!].zip#1943 - The Battle of Midway (U) [!].nes
(zip) 1943.zip#1943.NES
1943 (U).nes
1943.NES

When you look at the crc32 they are all identical, so either you delete 2 of your roms or you live with multiple entries :wink:

1 Like