Retroarch and Ipac 2015

Hi all I need help with setup retroarch with my ipac 2015 board. I have it stock setup on in the ipac what is the Mame config. I cant for the life of me get it setup to bind my buttons to retroarch. I load up retorarch like I have in the pass when I was using a arcade emu board. I click select inputs, then for bindings I select RetroKeyboard, then Retropad then none and then IPAC4 then bind all and push what button I want at the end I can no long nav the menu and have to hit esc which saves nothing. Any ideas? Very frustrating

I cover it pretty extensively in this thread from a few days ago: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3743

Ok I looked at that and gave it a try still the same out come. After I bind them it locks up where I cant go back and save it and I start over same thing again.

Yeah, I think you’re better off editing your cfg in a text editor instead of using the binding menu, since RetroArch’s default hotkeys conflict with MAME’s defaults in some interesting ways, as you’ve found.

Hi,

I’m also having some serious troubles to configure my buttons with retroarch. I use an ipac4 on a win10 computer. Now i tried to configure the buttons in the retroarch.exe and also in the retroarch.cfg . For player 1 i manage to configure the movement buttons but for some reason the a,b,x or y buttons don’t work. It is possible to use buttons like alt, ctrl, shift, etc… right? I read about conflicts with the hotkeys and i have to give them value nul? but wherer do i find the hotkey.cfg?

Please some advice

grtz

There isn’t a separate hotkeys config. They’re all in the main retroarch.cfg. You can unbind them through the GUI, though, by going to settings > input > hotkey binds and hitting ‘del’ on your keyboard to un-map them.

Yes, keyboard modifier keys should work, but I’m not sure if the ‘press to bind’ listening thing will recognize them. You may have to add them to the cfg manually.

Pretty much every command in RetroArch will have an entry for keyboard (key), another for buttons (btn) and another for analog axis (axis) in the cfg.

I believe the available key names are here:

Thanks for the available keys. I have been testing a little but not figured it out yet. So i manually configure the buttons in the retroarch.cfg. Now when i set the A-button(shift) and B-button(ctrl) for player 1 it doesn’t match the buttons on my control panel (ipac). Tested this with Gameboy. I have an A and B button but not the one i configured :s Now retroarch is used for several consoles (like Playstation). Does it mean what i change in the retroarch.cfg counts for every system?

Yes, there’s a gamepad abstraction called the “retropad” and inputs in the config are related to that. Most of the time, the default core-to-retropad mapping is going to be decent, but if you want to change the way the core is mapped to the retropad without affecting the layout of the other cores, you can do that via “remap” files created in quick menu > controls.