Retroarch Android bug?

Hello,

Retroarch exits games when locking the phone or switching tasks for more than a few seconds. It’s essentially impossible to pause emulation. Is this behavior normal? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Android version: MIUI6 (Kitkat)

No it is not.

I dont get this issue, I think this is related with the RAM on your device, or how powerful it is.

or maybe you’re using an ancient RA version

Thanks for your replies. It’s a Xiaomi Mi3 with 2GB RAM, so powerful enough I think. I got Retroarch from Google Play.

I’m having the same issue. I also noted that elsewhere in the forum there were a few people noting that their games were exiting when a phone call came in, and they were losing their progress. To me this seems to be the same issue.

The suggestion on that thread was to enable autosave on exit. I have not tried that yet to see if it works. But even if it does, the described behavior is undesirable. As an end user, one should not need to enable particular settings just in case we have to temporarily exit the app. It completely breaks the multi tasking philosophy. Honestly I almost quit using retroarch, in part due to this.

I’m using a brand new LG G3. I’m also using the retroarch available in Google Play.

The version on the Play store is super-old. You might have better luck using one of the nightlies from buildbot.libretro.com. If you try a nightly, though, be sure to uninstall the old version first as upgrading without uninstalling can leave conflicting config files laying around.