RetroArch + Arc Browser Mame cfg NVRAM don't save

If you start a game from Arc Browser the settings files get saved another place than where RetroArch has its own CFG. If i start RetroArch alone and change the input settings from Mame the settings get saved without problems, but if i start the same game from Arc Browser the Directories is different and im not able to save any change to input or global mame settings.

i think the bug is in ARC Browser because its only there the issue is. maybe some of your guys have found a workaround so i can get the config settings saved.

Naw man, mines working. Stores the Mame config files in rom_directory/mame. Just checked with my sweet remap of SmashTV! ShieldTV/ ArcBrowser. I think It fuxored it up when I moved my Mame files to SD. I had to keep that particular library on internal storage.

i will try to move them from sdcard to internal so see if that works better, how exactly is your folder structure

Also, make sure read and write config are turned on in core options. 0/roms/Mame(where the the zips and 7zs are)/mame(you’ll see the config files manifest here). no need to create the extra directory, it’ll make itself. Also, saves and states are default to the content dir. Not sure if RA can write to this if it’s not on internal. you can change those to 0/retroarch/files/saves&states in the dir picker. push L2 to get into the MAME menu and map away The cool thing is that most cores cannot use right stick, but because Mame has it’s own config mapper, you can turn ‘SmashTV’ into a proper dual stick. (confirmed) this should write a file into 0/mame_rom_dir/mame hope this helps.

No matter what i try, i can’t get it working from Arc Browser, everything works fine when changing key mapping direct from RetroArch. but the savedata dir looks different when i launch the game from Arc Browser, then i get 4 empty lines and \ path, do i change that to /SDcard/Roms/Mame or other places nothing get save, but this works fine direct from RA.

would it be possible to upload you retroarch.cfg than i can try to replace mine and see if it helps

I don’t think retroarch can write to SD like that, only /0. did you try moving your mame collection to internal? mine writes a bunch of mame config files where I told you. the retroarch config file wasn’t setup much for mame. the only options I messed with in the core options is read and write name config. also, did you select the correct config location when creating the arch browser core launcher? mame has it’s own whole config thing that it uses. my retroarch config file would not only be useless to you, it’d probably break yours.