Retroarch basically non-functional

I’m trying to get Retroarch running on my Kyocera Duraforce, and it pretty much doesn’t work at all. None of the touchscreen overlays work in any way, and of the games I’ve tried - a handful of SNES, GBA, and DS - they all do the same thing: chug at about 3 fps. I’ve tried every setting in the config menus; none of them seem to make any difference. It feels like I’m missing one huge thing that makes everything click, but I have no idea what.What am I missing?

If you’re using the version from the Play store, you might try one of the nightlies from buildbot.libretro.com and see if it treats you any better. You might also be running into power management throttling issues and/or your display might be reporting a strange refresh rate, so you might need to enable ‘threaded video’ in the settings > video settings.

No luck with the nightly builds or refresh settings. I’m thinking it’s probably my phone not liking Retroarch, since I don’t have problems with most other Android emulators.

/shrug

I guess you could try to get a logcat and see if it’s spamming anything to the console.