Retroarch command line to use in Maximus Arcade

Hi, i am having some trouble with Retroarch, could someone help me, please?

i want use Maximus to open Retroarch, and depending on the sistem, open a different core but i am having some trouble. I have already set up everithing right in Maximus, exe path, rom path, etc, but i cant seem to get the command line for loading a core quite right, i am using something like this:

“-L C:\path o\cores\core_name.dll”

Does not work, i am using the command line in question inside Maximus, where there is a place for command line to run everytime i start the Retroarch.

Retroarch is the best thing i have discovered on the subject of Emulation, dont wanna give up on consistency, overclocks and filters, i cant go back to vanilla MAME, SNES9X, VBA, etc just because of that!

The -L switch needs to be outside the quotes. This should work:

-L “C:\path o\cores\core_name.dll”

You can even simplify it like this:

-L cores\core_name.dll

as long as you have your cores folder in your RetroArch folder. Quotes aren’t needed if the folders and filenames don’t contain spaces.

Thanks for the reply.

i dont know why i put those there because i aint using quotes, yes my cores folder is inside Retroarch and neither of those -L command lines seems to work.

EDIT: Here 2 pics of Maximus Config for reference, i dont know what i am doing wrong, Retroarch is not loading the core, at least not before loading the rom cause it keeps closing upon launch in Maximus, it is so fast that i cant even read what is in the Retroarch command line window, there is any Retroarch command line for a log.txt?

EDIT2: I forgot to mention that i can run retroarch,exe, load a core and a rom through the cmd OK, i dont even know if what i want to do is possible, i know i can do it if i make a Batch file, but i dont want to do that because 1. All my game will be a mess under only one sistem category, it is too much for my OCD, and 2. It is too many roms, it is going to take forever for me to create a .bat file for every single game.

I finally found why i cant do what i want, the reason for that is the way Retroarch work, what i was doing is feeding the command line to change the core for then Maximus feed the rom, that does not work because Retroarch will only accet the command line -L if you also put the rom path or if you put --menu, and for what i want to do Maximus must feed Retroarch the rom, using the --menu command will only make the rom path sent by Maximus be ignored, not everything is lost because is still possible to have Retroarch in Maximus, to do that you must have a copy o Retroarch for every core you want to use, not very optimal but works, or you can use a .bat file for every rom.

I dont know why Retroarch works that way and i not going to ask why in respect for the devs, i suppose it is intetional to avoid something because reasons, with tha said, if some dev is reading this, can you please consider adding a command line to be able to change the core and boot Retroarch like if you just had run the .exe, that way Retroarch will be able to be used on all Frontends without having to make multiple Retroarch folders or various .bat files, if not that is OK i understand.

I’ve never used Maximus, but from your screenshots it looks like you need something like this in the command line box:

%file -L cores\snes9x_next_libretro.dll

That will give the fullpath to the ROM as well as the core to RetroArch. You don’t need to use --menu or have multiple RetroArch folders with that method. I use the same type of command line with HyperSpin and RetroFE without problems.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, MATE! IT WORKS NOW!

It was trial and error after trial and error, everything just because a freaking “%file”! Thank you once again!

No problem, glad that worked!

Can you post a image of your final settings so I can get this to work with maximus arcade also?

Also how do you have your roms folder setup and named?

Sorry one more thing where’s the %file go?