RetroArch constantly crashing Android

So. This is my first post, and I am trying to play N64 games using the ParaLEl N64 core, and I configured it following this link, thought the issue is present in almost every other core. Basically when I play, even thought perfomance is great, background apps start crashing (KDE Connect, Navigation Gestures, Blokada etc.), and after a while Android goes into its lock screen. After I unlock, it either goes into the home screen, or it continues the emulation (like if RetroArch survived or something), crashing everything again. It might be my Alcatel 1 (arm-v7a, 1 GB RAM with 4 cores), but such behavior I only see when the OS freezes completely, and even then I don’t see those cash warnings, and what’s weirder is that the games, before Android crashes, run perfectly, almost full speed. Also, when a game is running, RetroArch crashes if I close content, exit or reset. Not that weird way, but it just closes itself and sends a crash warning. I could record a video later (not screen record because all background apps crash in the process, I mean… a real life camera). I have 1.9.0 from retroarch.com (no play store), althought this is also present in the Play Store version.

It doesn’t even save core overrides. It says it saved them, but next time I load the game, it says it loaded core overrides, but when I check the options, I see the default options, not the ones I defined. Overall this is weird. I’ll try playing Genesis, and see if it breaks. Edit: So, GenesisPlusGX works flawlessly. This means it’s all about N64. Weird. I’ll try other cores and see if the problem is about my device not being powerful enough to play N64 games, which is unlikely as while it lasts it plays Kirby 64 at a beatyful framerate that crushes M64+FZ.

Why is nobody helping me? I am having so much trouble figuring out anything, I gave effort into making an account just to report this and getting help, and… It’s like if this forum is abandoned? Is there a RetroArch Discord server? Anyways, I think I can’t try to fix this by wandering around in the options because editing those does nothing. I can edit settings, but I can’t find any clues what’s going on. … I’ll just wait for someone to reply, I did my best.

Yes, it seems very likely

ohno… Anyways, is there any way to modify the setings so I can play the games at a very bad framerate? It doesnt matter if they lag, I just want to play them without making them crash