RetroArch controls?

As per my last post here, I have a problem with keyboard controls in RetroArch, where in games I can’t use the intended controls on my keyboard on my Surface Pro 3 with Surface Pro 4’s Type Cover keyboard. It detect the arrow keys on it as keypad numbers on extended keyboard which is the Type cover is not. The Type Cover is one of those regular keyboard with media keys and Context Menu Key and a multi-point touchpad. Is there a fix or a autoconfig made specifically for this keyboard?

I’m not sure what the cause of the keypad-instead-of-arrows problem is but you should be able to open your retroarch.cfg with a text editor and change them back to up/down/left/right and that should get you fixed up, I think.

Well, the thing is, it detects the arrow keys as is in XMB but not in games. the emulators thinks the arrows are keypad numbers.

Playing Super Mario works fine in NESBox’s Universal Emulator app but not in RetroArch.

It’s my experience that some keyboard drivers enable and disable numlock through software context. It doesn’t always work right. Maybe update the driver or see if it will run an alternate driver.