Retroarch Crash on Nvidia Shield Portable, Console mode Only

I have the Nvidia Shield Portable running Kitkat 4.4.2. Whenever I put the shield into Console mode (A 1080p mode where it only displays over HDMI) Retroarch 1.2+ will randomly freeze in game with no correlation to time playing (although usually within 5-10 min), emulator or rom. In regular mirror mode or playing directly on the console there is no freeze in Retroarch, and Console mode shouldn’t be changing much except being in 1080p for retroarch. So I’m not really sure where to begin in figuring out what is causing this and how to fix it. If there is some sort of crash log in the android version let me know where to find it and I’ll post what it says.

I have disabled the multi-core rendering which I read caused problems in other posts with no change.

Any Ideas?

You’ll need a logcat program. There are a bunch of free ones on the Play store. I’ve had good luck with .logcat (that’s dot-logcat). Just produce a crash and then hit up the logcat and look for lines that start with [RetroArch].

Have you heard about the shield’s spontaneous combustion problem? If it’s the one you’re using, know that you’re supposed to make sure it is updated and send it back to Nvidia for exchange. They’ve asked their customers to stop using it and send it back. Google it.

That’s only for the tablet, not the portable

I see. My bad.