Retroarch crashes consistently in a specific sequence

Heres an interesting one for you guys.

I have not once since running dolphin core been able to keep retroarch up and running after playing a gamecube game.

For example, I open Retroarch, play a GC game, close the game, then go to any other emulator and hit start game. ( even have tried loading corresponding core prior to starting next game ) and it crashes retroarch completely. Any idea why?

Running windows 10 pro 64 bit and RA 1.6.7 up-to-date PC specs ( RX 480 8GB- i5 4760 )

Shouldnt be having this issue, so leads me to believe its an issue with retroarch. I have tried doing a fresh retroarch install. Didnt do the trick.

1 Like

From what you describe it sounds to me like it could just be the core interfering with RetroArch.

I use a seperate frontend on top of RA so everytime I close a game it shuts down RA. So, I’ve never experienced this myself.

I do know 2 things though:

1.) The dolphin core is super early on, so it’s expected to have some hiccups.

2.) You will want to run a log from the command line. That way we can see exactly what’s causing it.

Sadly I can NEVER remember how to do the log… (Is this stickied somehwere guys?!?)

1 Like

Yeah, I keep having hiccups, I guess controller support so far is only for one controller. And of course the crashing issue as well.

Any luck on finding a way to save mame controls yet? ;D You were on to something there with saving it per game… that somehow manages to work but only per machine :octopus:

Hahaha, not as of yet, but I actually mentioned you in another thread where someone was asking the same thing… hoping if we make the issue ‘loud’ enough (so to speak) we can find someone who knows how to get it to work. lol

1 Like