Retroarch crashes randomly in game

Hello, I’m new in this forum. The reason i created this thread is because, i cannot make retroarch gPsP cia on New 3DSXL with Luma 5.5 on latest Emu version (11.0.0-33U). I don’t know what the problem could it be but when i am playing (Pokémon LeafGreen for example), it crashes randomly and i have to restart the console (sometimes a message appears saying that the console will restart and turn on again). Tried with version 1.3.6 and 1.3.3 (the crashes are less frequently) but still crashes. I didn’t enable the log file. If you need information, i will enable and give you the error log when i reach home. I will retake university again on two weeks for now, that’s the time i have to finish the game. If you could help me, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

That is a known problem and caused by dynarec in gpsp. Just turn off dynarec n the core options and it won’t crash anymore. Of course speed will decrease in some games then.

Thanks for the response!!! I searched google but i couldnt find anything about dynarec issue. I will try playing for two hours and ll post the resulta here…

EDIT:

Just for curiosity. Does gPsP use Dynarec on homebrew?

Well without the Dynamic Recompiler the game is literally unplayable. So I would like to known how can i generate an error log so i can look where the application fails. Thanks in advance.

You can’t do that. An error log can’t be generated because the 3DS is crashing completely. The only solution is to disable dynarec which will indeed make some games unplayable or use gba vc injection until the devs fix dynarec in gpsp.

Thanks!!! Tried on Homebrew but it is too slow (fps). I have cfw 11.0.0-33. Do you know if downgrading to 9.2 will make it faster via homebrew???

I don’t think it’ll be faster after downgrading. What game are you speaking of actually?? In any case, I think your only Option is gba injection until dynarec gets fixed.

[QUOTE=geheim;44037]I don’t think it’ll be faster after downgrading. What game are you speaking of actually?? In any case, I think your only Option is gba injection until dynarec gets fixed.[/QUOTE]

1.3.6 crash on all Emu versions (Luma and Homebrew).

Using 1.3.3 on Emu 9.2, no crash yet. I will test and put the feedback here with my cfg if keeps working. Thanks in advance.

The problem is I cannot help you. Don’t own a 3DS at all, never mind a hacked one, so I have literally no means to test or develop. Nobody in our team does I think except for aliaspider.

Then why are there bug report sections for the 3DS?

aliaspider made the port but hasn’t been around much lately to support it.

Well gee, that was nice of him to make a port and leave all 3DS owners who have his port in the dark. Doesn’t even have the gall to at least drop in every few months to check up or at least rally others’ support to help him.