Retroarch crashing during emulator startup - Nestopia/Mupen64plus

I decided to start a new thread since this error does not involve shaders.

I’m having problems starting Nestopia and mupen64plus on my Mac. The emulators don’t start because they dont create an entry in the core config.

Computer Specs: Macmini2,1 Mac OS X Version 10.7 Processor: 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory: 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Graphics: Intel GMA 950 64 MB

Retroarch Version: 1.3.6 Stable

Nestopia Log http://pastebin.com/2kf6FmRN

Mupen64plus log http://pastebin.com/40vyKh5x

Nestopia error message:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___sincos_stret Referenced from: /Applications/RetroArch.app/Contents/Resources/cores/nestopia_libretro.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: ___sincos_stret Referenced from: /Applications/RetroArch.app/Contents/Resources/cores/nestopia_libretro.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Trace/BPT trap: 5

–------------

Mupen64plus error message:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___strlcat_chk Referenced from: /Applications/RetroArch.app/Contents/Resources/cores/mupen64plus_libretro.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: ___strlcat_chk Referenced from: /Applications/RetroArch.app/Contents/Resources/cores/mupen64plus_libretro.dylib Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Trace/BPT trap: 5

Ah, I meant to ask you in the other thread whether other cores were giving the same error, and it seems they are. Do any cores work for you?

If not, there’s probably something we need to mess with in Xcode to make our builds work on 10.7 again.

FCEUmm and BSNES mercury balanced seems to work ok

It seems it’s an issue with Apple adding a “sincos” thing that merges a sin function followed by a cos function into a single function. It’s supposed to be an optimization but it probably makes little to no difference in performance (and is likely just a planned obsolescence thing, knowing Apple)…

Can you try all of the cores (or as many as you can stomach :P) and get us a list of ones that don’t work? If so, we can go in and work around the issue so it doesn’t happen again.

Let me see what I can try when I get home today.

Twinaphex just tried pushing some fixes to Nestopia, so you might try giving it a shot again (i.e., re-download from the updater) and see if that works.

Nestopia loads now. Thanks for the quick Nestopia fix!

I can try out the other cores tonight.

Mame2003 works fine. I’ll test out gameboy in a few days.

Tally so far: Mupen64Plus: Crashes Nestopia: Works Bnes Mercury Balanced: Works Mame2003: Works

Cool. We appreciate the effort of checking these out for us :slight_smile:

Update: Mupen64Plus: Crashes Nestopia: Works Bnes Mercury Balanced: Works Mame2003: Works DeSmuME: Works mGBA: Works Gambatte: Works Mednafen: Works

Looks like everything is going well so far except for n64.

Wondering if there has been a fix for Mupen64Plus? I understand that things take some time, and I’m doing fine starting mupen64plus from the command line. I was just wondering if there was anything for retroarch