RetroArch crashing when I try to start it

Nope…no cores will work…you will have to use 32 bit version then xmb menu will work fine with all cores and roms…

Okay I have the 64 bit build working with the build from the Libretro website I just had to edit the config file to make rgui my menu driver and d3d as my video driver. I’m using it with LaunchBox too so it doesn’t really matter which menu I’m using as I’m rarely ever seeing the menu anyway.

• For better results i recommend you to check check Dell Inspiron 1525 Manual to know what experts suggest to fix crashing on your system. If you don’t find this step useful then move to next one.

• Update the bios for your system.

• All updates in your system should be properly installed.

• Make sure you are using updated version of RetroArch.

• Please remove unusual and useless program files from your system.

Yeah this computer is old I’m not really worrying about it and like I said I have it working so there really isn’t anything to troubleshoot

Hey, I might have the solution here. My RA worked fine until I changed the audio driver, then it started crashing on startup every time. I changed it back to “dsound” through the config file and it starts up every time now. So for everybody else out there who tried everything and nothing works, this might be an option for you.

I found a solution on youtube for crash always I also have a old model pc and play Dreamcast games but some days ago i got this problem And finally i fix this issue with help of this video Thanks

I have a similar yet kinda different case, I love retroarch in fact I stream games with it, it used to work perfectly o my Desktop but now it just won’t open every time I try to open it it would just open a small part of the top left screen where the “file” maximise logo and the “x/close” logo is located and will close right away. this is the 3rd time this happens i use to uninstall it and re install it again thus going through the whole process of fixing my settings and installing al my retroarch playlist of games all over again. and lossing all my saved game progresses so i would start all over from the beginning of all the games i played and re dowloading all the cores and editing the games proper cores all over again. im just wondering is there a way to fix this so that i would not go trhough all the hassle of re installing and re setting up the whole thing again

Reinstalling is very rarely necessary. The key thing that’s happening with a reinstall is wiping out the retroarch.cfg and config/ directory (which houses overrides and remaps). Just doing that manually will keep all of your saves, etc. intact.

Since it’s happening at launch, it’s almost certainly an incompatible option in your retroarch.cfg. You bisect it to figure out what’s causing it:

1. move the config somewhere else temporarily (and make a backup of it while you’re at it). See if that resolves the issue. If so, move onto step 2.

2. Take half of the broken config and paste it into a new blank file and RetroArch will fill in the rest with default values. Open RetroArch and try to reproduce the offending behavior.

3. If the problem is still there, you know the offending setting is within the half of the config that you pasted in, so take out half of that and paste the other half back in and see if the problem persists. If not, you know it was in the other half (the one you didn’t paste in), so repeat the same process with that other half.

4. Rinse/repeat as needed to pin down which option is causing your problem.