Retroarch crashing with ds emulator

So im not good with tech stuff so heres the info i have, im running retroarch version 1.0.0.1 and i only use the N64 and znes emulators really however i wanted to play a game on the ds emulator but it black screens and boots me out of the app, at first i thought it was the rom but i tried to download others and the sane problem occured so i tried to load it without a rom and it still happened, if you need more info tell me how to get it for you because im at a lost

That version is too old. We can’t/won’t support it. You’ll have to update to a new release or nightly before we can figure out what’s going wrong.

Once you’ve updated, tell us which platform you’re on (windows, linux, osx, whatever)

I may of posted this in the wring spot (sorry if i did im new to this) but i have it on ios 8.4 on my iphone 5, ive found the issue however its now very laggy whenever i launch a rom for the ds, ive tried updateing like you suggested but when i use your guys’s source i get a error and it wont let me use your repo and every other one i seem to get the same error however other repo’s that arent for retroarch seem to work good for somereaoson, anyways if you know of a way how i can update that would be great since you dont support my version anymore