RetroArch date and time no longer displaying? Just a clock icon

I noticed that I only see a clock icon at the top right of the screen, even though I do have date and time option turned on.

So, I made a clean install of 1.76, 1.77 and 1.78 and compared. I made no changes to cfg or any settings changes.

1.76 does show date and time, but 1.77 and 1.78 do not. They only show a small clock icon.

Any advice?

NOTE: please scroll down to my next post to see images of what I am seeing.

1 Like

It’s working here, running the current Windows x64 nightly. Which platform are you running on?

1 Like

Also Win x64 nightly.

Windows 10, fully updated. 17 6700k @4.4Ghz, nvidia 1080, 16GB RAM etc. Using an Alienware ultrawide monitor 3440 x 1440.

It’s so odd. 1.76 shows date and time, and later releases do not. BTW, I am running the 9/25 buildbot release of 1.78 in my primary RA setup.

After my tests, I am convinced it’s a bug in the post 1.76 releases, but I can’t figure out the variable. It doesn’t matter if I’m fullscreen or windowed, for example. The time/date doesn’t appear in 1.77 and 1.78 builds. Not a huge issue obviously, but annoying. It’s useful having the time display.

EDIT: adding images to show what I mean. Each of these are from a fresh, unchanged install of each version of RetroArch Win x64: 1.76. 1.77. and the latest 1.78 nightly.

System restart made the time/date come back. Weird…

1 Like