Retroarch does not recognize all Roms

Hi I’m new to the forum and at first I have to admit how much I love the Retroarch App. I sideloaded it to my Amazon Fire TV Stick and it works really great, but when I search for Roms on my stick, Retroarch does not recognize all Roms. If I’m using the integrated Filebrowser the Rom does load. I have read on Google that this could happen because the CRC of the Rom does not match with the NO-INTRO Romset. It would be great if I could add the missing Roms manually. Is there any way for me to achieve this with the latest version of Retroarch? I hope you can help me. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Greetings from Germany FF1992

You can build playlists using the external “playlist buddy” utility. There’s a thread about it on the forums.

Thank you for your help. That worked and all my ROMs are now recognized, but when I enter Retroarch all Icons look like black squares. I don’t need fancy boxart or something like that, because I like the Icons from the standard GUI for each emulated system. How do I need to configure Retroarch Playlist Buddy to get the default Icons? Do I need a file with the Icons?

Just make sure your playlists are named for the icons you want to use. So, for example, make sure your NES playlist is named Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl

For reference, the playlist icons are these:

Everything is working perfect right now. My problems are solved. Thank you for your quick support.