RetroArch doesn't read an older SRM

Recently, my MacBook, running Snes9x, died unexpectedly. Luckily, I had a newer PC with Steam, and my backups went there. I was able to transfer my ROM I was using, but when I tried to transfer the corresponding SRM to that ROM (same size as the SRM that RetroArch created during the test), it doesn’t recognize it. It’s the same size and all (8KB), but when I start up that ROM that had created the SRM, it acts like it’s a new file. Knowing the SRM is not corrupt or anything, is there anything I should do or whatever so that RetroArch will read from that new SRM and not ignore it?

I had been able to recently transfer a Nestopia SAV to a new SRM through RetroArch, so I would assume the same for RetroArch’s SNES emulation. The only difference is I used to use Snes9x and now I use bsnes-accuracy.

SRAM saves should be compatible across cores. Is it possible there’s permissions issues with the file?

I was having a similar issue with saves made on PC and transferred to Android but radius wasn’t able to reproduce.

[QUOTE=hunterk;48279]SRAM saves should be compatible across cores. Is it possible there’s permissions issues with the file?

I was having a similar issue with saves made on PC and transferred to Android but radius wasn’t able to reproduce.[/QUOTE]

Investigating the problem revealed that the SRMs in my case was in the same folder of the ROMs. Moving my old SRMs there was able to resolve all problems. My emulation set-up isn’t 100% but it’s getting there…

Thanks anyway.

[QUOTE=hunterk;48279]SRAM saves should be compatible across cores. Is it possible there’s permissions issues with the file?

I was having a similar issue with saves made on PC and transferred to Android but radius wasn’t able to reproduce.[/QUOTE]

What’s the process for transferring saves on the Android side? I had a similar issue with my iPhone due to fantastically crappy disk mounting drivers (thanks IExplorer) where it would copy the new file into the old file (RA would just see the old save). I can get around it either by deleting the file first and then copying over. Do you guys mount the disks to your PC or do you do something like FTP into your phone?

I was moving them across SMB, since the latest OS for nvidia shield ATV includes native mounting of SMB shares, which is really convenient. I wish all Android devices could do this.