Retroarch doesn't recognize USB SNES controllers

Have a random replacement SNES controller. Got a usb adapter for it to plug it in.

lsusb shows: Bus 004 Device 002: ID 1292:5366 Innomedia

When I run jstest-gtk it shows up as /dev/input/js0 Axes: 2 Buttons: 12.

When I open up Retroarch I get nothing.

Am I missing a step here?

Hi,

Retroarch manages controller with configuration file.

First can you try to test your adapter with the controller because it seems joydev/hid-input driver doesn’t handle it correctly.

If it works correctly, try to generate a profile and submit it otherwise you should check this driver but it fixes only 1292:5346 not 1292:5366.

Try to use lakkatv documentation to generate your configuration file.

If you are expecting RA to automagically know about your controller and configure the buttons, it might not work. As someone else suggested for that you will need to create a configuration file for your controller so it can autodetect it… However if what you want it to make it work get into RA’s Input Settings and look for the option to to remap the buttons (I don’t remember the exact name of the option but it’s something like “configure all buttons”) and see if that works for you.

That very helpful lakka link was actually what I used in trying to get things set up.

I’m not expecting RA to automagically know about my controller, I am expecting it to give me something other than “Couldn’t open joystick” when I run retroarch-joyconfig.

I can get the joysticks working in ZSNES, but that doesn’t give me full screen, and I would like to play full screen.

Edit: huh, would you look at that, there is a button to go to full screen in ZSNES. Maybe retroarch isn’t the way I will be going then, although it would be nice to have everything in one place and not jumping around from emulator to emulator depending on which game I want to play. But for now, a solution that works.

[QUOTE=gouchi;29417]Hi,

Retroarch manages controller with configuration file.

First can you try to test your adapter with the controller because it seems joydev/hid-input driver doesn’t handle it correctly.

If it works correctly, try to generate a profile and submit it otherwise you should check this driver but it fixes only 1292:5346 not 1292:5366.

Try to use lakkatv documentation to generate your configuration file.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this post, I’m having the same issue with the same hardware and after spending alot of time trying to fix it, i think this may be the ticket. So far i have been unable to get that driver to compile, and also unable to get my kernel to compile. I have a feeling if i could sort out those issues and successfully compile, that would fix the issue. If i succeed, i will post my modified driver here.

There is an updated version with deb and rpm packages.