RetroArch Error (Windows 7, x64)

My system is Windows 7 - 64 bit operating system

I had RetroArch setup running NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, and Playstation games perfectly fine. I was trying to setup Playstation 2 thru PCXS2 and somehow ruined everything. I think it’s because of this all-in-one zip file I installed containing Microsoft files.

The error code I get is 0xc000007b when I try to start RetroArch. I don’t think it has anything to with missing or corrupt .dll files. I ran sfc /scannow and it said “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations”. I uninstalled all the Visual C++ versions the all-in-one installed and reinstalled 2010 version (I think I had previously).

New/Current Installed Programs: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 Microsoft Visual J# 2.0 Redistributable Package - SE (x64) Adobe Shockwave Player 12.2 Adobe Flash Player 24 NPAPI Adobe Flash Player 24 ActiveX

Those are the programs that seem to have been installed by the All-in-one zip file. I think it has to do with the Visual C++ or .NET Framework? Do I need the 32 bit and 64 bit versions? RetroArch was working fine in 5 platforms prior to this install which is why I think it’s the problem.

Thanks for any help.

I found the AiO log when I did the install. Looks like the Flash Player ActiveX and Plugin failed? Maybe that’s the problem? I’ll have to research that fail code, posting this just in case. Default applications Java: Fix MS SystemUser Bug: End! Java: Remove old Installation: End! Java Runtime Environment 8 Update 102: End! Java Runtime Environment 8 Update 102 x64: End! Visual C++ Uninstall: End! Visual C++ 2005: End! Visual C++ 2013: End! Visual C++ 2015: End! Visual C++ 2005 x64: End! Visual C++ 2013 x64: End! (Reboot required) Visual C++ 2015 x64: End! Microsoft .NET Framework .NET Framework 4.6.2 (KB3151800): End! (Reboot required) Default applications Adobe Flash Player - ActiveX: Failed. Error Code: 1013 (0x000003F5) Adobe Flash Player - Plugin: Failed. Error Code: 1013 (0x000003F5) Adobe Shockwave Player v12.2.5.195: End! Microsoft Silverlight v5.1.50709.0 x64: End!

I did reboot my PC several times after the install.

Thanks

I removed the x64 version and installed the 1.3.6 Stable RetroArch x86 version. Everything works fine except Dreamcast, I can’t find the Dreamcast (Reicast) core within RetroArch?

Can someone explain the downloads section a bit? What are Nightlies? I found 240pPVR.cdi in the assets > cores > Sega Dreamcast - but I’m not sure what to do with it, the core files in my RetroArch folder are all .dll files?

Thanks

There’s no x86 build of Reicast currently. You can install the 64-bit 1.3.6 instead.

Nightlies are builds of the most recent code. They have more features but some features may be buggy/unfinished.

The downloads, such as that 240pPVR.cdi you mentioned, are sample games/utilities you can download to test functionality. Most of them are video and/or gamepad tests, some are homebrew games, etc.