RetroArch.exe has stopped working after W10 Creators Update

HI, I’m new to this forum and to Retroarch. I have a HP Envy 15 which had W10 on. I installed Retroarch as a test and it loaded fine. I then decied to do a fresh install of the Windows 10 Creators Update and installed all the latest HP Drivers and the latest NVidia Graphics Drivers. Now when I run Retroarch all I get is the message ‘Retroarch has stopped working’ I Googled this and nothing suggested worked although the debug,exe works fine. I’ve run a debug command n the exe and I get this https://pastebin.com/qPC3Nqwq but I can’t see an issue. All help would be most appreciated.

Dunno what’s going on with it but if the debug exe works, just use it instead.

Seeing as you did a clean install did you install directx?

I did install the latest version of Direct X. It was from the Microsoft site web installer I think.

What exactly does the Bebug.exe do different from the normal .exe? I taking it’s a bit like a safe mode and doesn’t load certain drivers etc. yes? That way If I new a bit more a but it I could see what exactly the issue is. Cheers

My event log says this:- Faulting module name: d3d11.dll I think it’s something to do with Graphics Hardware acceleration? Ummmmmm…

The debug exe is exactly like the other one just without the debug symbols stripped out(which is why it’s smaller).

RetroArch needs directx 9.0c

I sorted it! I happened to look in the Taskbar and I noticed when I clicked the NVidia Control Panel there was an update option telling me there was an update (even though I installed the latest!) I opened the option and it told me I had to log into the NVidia forum which I did them it presented me a an update to the ‘Gaming Ready Driver’. I installed this and all it well! There must of been a bug or a corruption in the previous driver. Cheers