"retroarch.exe has stopped working" error loading 3DO games

When I try to load a 3DO rom using the 4DO core, occurs the error “retroarch.exe has stopped working”. I have the right bios (tested with other emulators) in the system folder, and my roms are in the format .iso/.cue. My roms of other systems run perfectly (atari 2600, master system, nes, genesis, snes, sega cd, neo geo), but I had a similar issue with psx roms.

Regardless of whether your BIOS works with other emulators, you need to load the core and then go to information > core information and make sure it’s finding your BIOS image(s) properly.

Getting a log of the crash would also be helpful.

I’m not sure if something has changed regarding the games format that the 3DO core works with, but it only worked with the iso format in the early 3DO core builds I tested it with. Do you have an iso 3DO game there to test? If so, test it and see if it works.

Yes, all my games are .iso . Thanks!

I made it already and it’s finding the bios file. How do I get a log of the crash in Retroarch?

Shift+right-click in the RetroArch folder window and choose ‘open command window here…’

From there, type:

retroarch_debug.exe --menu --verbose --log-file log.txt

and it will dump your log into that directory with the name log.txt. Take the contents of that log and paste them somewhere like pastebin.com and then post a link here.

@hunterk , thanks for the valuable information! Here’s the link: https://pastebin.com/DuyDyrDJ

I don’t see any obvious errors or crashing in there. I guess the next step would be to move your retroarch.cfg into another directory temporarily and let RetroArch generate a new one with default settings to see if that fixes the issue. If so, you have a bad option somewhere. If not, we’ll have to do some more hunting.

Strange, I did what you told and now it worked… kkkkkk Now I need to discover what’s wrong with my former retroarch.cfg… Thank you for your attention, @hunterk !!!

1 Like