Retroarch.exe has stopped working , tried everything

so i’m trying to setup my new retro arch , and i try to run it and it simply says retroarch.exe has stopped working and nothing is working, i got the build from >

http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86/

i’m downloading the retroarch_full.7z

since the stable version does the same, and any other versio there is missing files it’s the only version that suppose to work…

i can’t download the 64bit version since im’ running windows 7 32 bit

i am doing this to later on hyperspin so tyring to run it through cmd using --menu wouldn’t help me either… plus i tried that and it says “–menu is not recognized as internal or external command”

really i’m out of options here guys, help ? anyone ? maybe somone can give me a different 32bit retroarch install files ?

i’m out of options here

here is a log >

RetroArch [INFO] :: === Build =======================================RetroArch [ INFO] :: [CPUID]: Vendor: GenuineIntel RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Features: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 MMX MMXEXT SSE1 SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 Built: Jul 19 2015 RetroArch [INFO] :: Version: 1.2.2 RetroArch [INFO] :: Git: f073739 RetroArch [INFO] :: ================================================= RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Vendor: GenuineIntel RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Features: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 RetroArch [WARN] :: screenshot_directory is not an existing directory, ignoring … RetroArch [WARN] :: system_directory is not set in config. Assuming system direc tory is same folder as game: “”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading config from: S:\hyperspin\app files\Hyperspin\Emulat ors\RetroArch\retroarch.cfg. RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565. RetroArch [INFO] :: Version of libretro API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Compiled against API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Set audio input rate to: 29975.00 Hz. RetroArch [INFO] :: Video @ 960x720 RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GL context: wgl RetroArch [INFO] :: Detecting screen resolution 1360x768. RetroArch [INFO] :: [WGL]: wglSwapInterval(1) RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Vendor: Intel, Renderer: Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Version: 2.0.0 - Build 8.14.10.1930. RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: ARB_ES2_compatibility => doesn’t exis t RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: ARB_sync => doesn’t exist RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: ARB_texture_float => doesn’t exist RetroArch [INFO] :: Querying GL extension: EXT_texture_sRGB => doesn’t exist RetroArch [INFO] :: GL: Using resolution 960x710 RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Default shader backend found: glsl. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Not loading any shader. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Using 4 textures. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Loaded 0 program(s). RetroArch [INFO] :: Found XInput v1.3. RetroArch [INFO] :: Enumerating DInput joypads … RetroArch [INFO] :: Done enumerating DInput joypads … RetroArch [INFO] :: Found joypad driver: “dinput”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Using font rendering backend: freetype. RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Vendor: GenuineIntel RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Features: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 RetroArch [INFO] :: DirectSound devices: RetroArch [INFO] :: 0: Primary Sound Driver RetroArch [INFO] :: 1: Speakers (2- High Definition Audio Device) RetroArch [INFO] :: [DirectSound]: Setting buffer size of 12288 bytes RetroArch [INFO] :: [DirectSound]: Latency = 64 ms RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Vendor: GenuineIntel RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Features: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 RetroArch [INFO] :: Using font rendering backend: freetype. RetroArch [INFO] :: Using font rendering backend: freetype.

Hmm. There’s no error in that log.

Some things to try: open your retroarch.cfg in a text editor and try changing the menu_driver to “rgui” ; in that same file, try changing video_driver to “d3d”

[QUOTE=hunterk;29015]Hmm. There’s no error in that log.

Some things to try: open your retroarch.cfg in a text editor and try changing the menu_driver to “rgui” ; in that same file, try changing video_driver to “d3d”[/QUOTE]

ok so first a few updates, ive updated my system for windows 64 bit and i’m running the nightly build FOR windows 64bit

did the changes you wrote and it did load up alltogh now it just loads up and not to a screen or anything just to a normal window, and you can’t open any game with it, and when i close it, it crashes

so any help ?

i would do a log again but i don’t really know how i did the other log tried to look online for how to do it couldn’t find

HI,

I’m having the exact same issue. Worked well on win7 then moved to my win10 64bit laptop. As soon as you lunch retroarch.exe you get Application failed to start (0x000007b) I tried to change the driver to D3D, start in compatibility mode, run as administrator but nothing worked so far. I even took the whole directory from my win7 pc that work so far but then i ended up with the same symptoms. I’m wondering of win10 is supported.

Any tought?

Thanks