Retroarch.exe has stopped working

Done lots of searching and reading with no luck. I’ve just installed Windows 7 64 bit on a PC with a Core2 Duo and onboard graphics (intel g45/g43 express chipset driver). I’ve updated the video driver and installed Direct X 11. I’ve downloaded RetroArch_1.2.2.7z and RetroArch_full.7z and tried both with the same result (These look the same but i haven’t run a diff to be sure). I’m trying to run retroarch.exe but it crashes immediately on startup. I’ve tried change the menu driver config too…i’ve tried “xmb”, “glui” and “rgui” based on some reading in other threads.

Here’s the log:

RetroArch [INFO] :: === Build =======================================RetroArch [ INFO] :: [CPUID]: Vendor: GenuineIntel RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Features: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 MMX MMXEXT SSE1 SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 Built: Jul 19 2015 RetroArch [INFO] :: Version: 1.2.2 RetroArch [INFO] :: Git: f073739 RetroArch [INFO] :: ================================================= RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Vendor: GenuineIntel RetroArch [INFO] :: [CPUID]: Features: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4 RetroArch [WARN] :: screenshot_directory is not an existing directory, ignoring … RetroArch [WARN] :: system_directory is not set in config. Assuming system direc tory is same folder as game: “”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Loading config from: C:\Users\Game.emulationstation\systems \retroarch\retroarch.cfg. RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565. RetroArch [INFO] :: Version of libretro API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Compiled against API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Set audio input rate to: 29975.00 Hz. RetroArch [INFO] :: Video @ 960x720 RetroArch [INFO] :: Found GL context: wgl RetroArch [INFO] :: Detecting screen resolution 1440x900. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Vendor: Microsoft Corporation, Renderer: GDI Generic. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Version: 1.1.0.

And here’s my config:

dpi_override_value = “160” menu_driver = “xmb” assets_directory = “:\assets” audio_filter_dir = “:\filters\audio” cheat_database_path = “:\cheats” config_save_on_exit = “true” content_database_path = “:\database\rdb” cursor_directory = “:\database\cursors” input_joypad_driver = “winxinput” input_osk_overlay_enable = “false” input_remapping_directory = “:\config\remap” joypad_autoconfig_dir = “:\autoconfig” libretro_directory = “:\cores” libretro_directory = “:\cores” load_dummy_on_core_shutdown = “false” menu_collapse_subgroups_enable = “true” osk_overlay_directory = “:\overlays” overlay_directory = “:\overlays” playlist_directory = “:\playlists” rgui_config_directory = “:\config” screenshot_directory = “:\screenshots” video_driver = “gl” video_filter_dir = “:\filters\video” video_shader_dir = “:\shaders” core_assets_directory = “:\downloads” libretro_info_path = “:\info”

Replying to my own post. I was originally trying this yesterday over remote desktop and realized that might be causing the issue. I tried hooking up a monitor but got the same instant crash. Today when I was trying the different driver values in the config, I was again using RDP thinking that wasn’t the issue after all. I hooked a monitor again just now and tried “glui” as the menu driver and it launches. Still not sure what the issue with “xmb” is but at least this works.