Retroarch.exe has stopped working

Hello there. I’m running a Windows 10 x64 box (i5 4460, 8GB RAM, GTX 650 Ti Boost). I’m unable to get Retroarch working. I’m currently trying to launch v1.3.6. Initially, I was greeted with an error about missing d3dx9_43.dll, but resolved this by downloading the DirectX files from the MS website. Now when I launch Retroarch, I get an error, “retroarch.exe has stopped working”. I tried running 1.3.4 as well with the same error. I’m curious what the next step is in troubleshooting. I saw a different post about the same issue, and the user was asked to run retroarch.exe in verbose mode. How do I do this? I tried launching in the command prompt, “retroarch.exe --verbose” but nothing happens.

Any pointers would be great!

Try doing: retroarch.exe --verbose --log-file log.txt That should give you a logfile that you can copy/paste the contents of to somewhere like pastebin and then share the link here.

Thanks much for the reply. Here’s the pastebin link:

http://pastebin.com/BhngZMJf

Here’s another based on your sig (debug + menu flag) if it makes any difference:

http://pastebin.com/EjUNeCDx

I forgot to mention earlier, I changed the config from gl to d3d earlier today and that prevented the error, but gave me a black screen. Thanks for any help!

RetroArch [ERROR] :: [WGL]: wglCreateContextAttribsARB not supported. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Vendor: Microsoft Corporation, Renderer: GDI Generic. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Version: 1.1.0.

install proper drivers for your graphics card…

I am getting the same error. Here is my error log:

RetroArch [INFO] :: This is RetroArch version 1.6.0 (Git 30c5a28) RetroArch [INFO] :: === Build ======================================= RetroArch [INFO] :: Version: 1.6.0 RetroArch [INFO] :: Git: 30c5a28 RetroArch [INFO] :: ================================================= RetroArch [INFO] :: [Config]: Loading default config. RetroArch [INFO] :: [Config]: loading config from: (null). RetroArch [INFO] :: Environ SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: RGB565. RetroArch [INFO] :: Redirecting save file to “C:\Users\HPMILSPEC\Desktop\HyperPie.Motion.Blue\RetroArch\saves.srm”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Redirecting savestate to “C:\Users\HPMILSPEC\Desktop\HyperPie.Motion.Blue\RetroArch\states.state”. RetroArch [INFO] :: Version of libretro API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: Compiled against API: 1 RetroArch [INFO] :: [Audio]: Set audio input rate to: 29970.03 Hz. RetroArch [INFO] :: [Video]: Video @ 960x720 RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Found GL context: wgl RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Detecting screen resolution 1366x768. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Vendor: Microsoft Corporation, Renderer: GDI Generic. RetroArch [INFO] :: [GL]: Version: 1.1.0.

We do have a driver that works with GDI now but you miss out on a lot of things, shaders, etc.