RetroArch & ffmpeg - Feature Request

Hi there, i am testing a lot with FFMPEG record, i am using Slackware64 14.2

$ ffmpeg
ffmpeg version 3.2.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 5.5.0 (GCC)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 --shlibdir=/usr/lib64 --docdir=/usr/doc/ffmpeg-3.2.4/html --mandir=/usr/man --disable-debug --enable-shared --disable-static --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-avresample --arch=x86_64 --enable-nonfree --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libcelt --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libflite --enable-frei0r --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmodplug --enable-openal --enable-libopencv --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libsnappy --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libv4l2 --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-opengl --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libpulse --enable-libsmbclient --enable-openssl --enable-libwavpack --enable-x11grab
  libavutil      55. 34.101 / 55. 34.101
  libavcodec     57. 64.101 / 57. 64.101
  libavformat    57. 56.101 / 57. 56.101
  libavdevice    57.  1.100 / 57.  1.100
  libavfilter     6. 65.100 /  6. 65.100
  libavresample   3.  1.  0 /  3.  1.  0
  libswscale      4.  2.100 /  4.  2.100
  libswresample   2.  3.100 /  2.  3.100
  libpostproc    54.  1.100 / 54.  1.100
Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder
usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...

And well, i can’t record with all codecs and formats, and for record i need specify a pixel format are i just get an error. i write all my test on this file on google docs -> RetroArch & ffmpeg

Well i test with libx264 for video codec and libvorbis for audio, and with all pixel formats i can use 177 in total, from that 177 pixel formats i just can record with 9 of them, i test one by one manually, and for that reason i want to make a Feature Request.

Feature Request : Test Video Recorder. Or well a better name for Test 1 minute a Test Roms for each core with all video codecs and audio codecs with all pixel formats in all container format generation a name like

Syntax : “core” - Test Record Rom - vcodec “vcodec” - acodec “acodec” - pix_fmt “pixel format”.“ext”

Example : mgba - trr - vcodec libx264 - acodec libvorbis - pix_fmt yuvj444p.mp4

and generate a text file or cvs file with all information to know which works and which not for recording, because another thing is with some some core RetroArch shows the message of recording and well you stop and when you notice not generate a video file, just a “.bsv” file in the same rom folder, or in the battery folder.

And that for determine which cores can record video, and the one minute test is just for know which file had better balance between quality and total size.

Well thank you for readme