RetroArch Full Guide

I’m making a one page RetroArch guide. It’s from notes I’ve taken from all over the internet.

Let me know if you have information that can improve it and you can use it to add to the official wiki if missing.

http://www.powerup.io/gaming/emulators/retroarch

Very cool idea, will bookmark this to share with people when asking me about Retroarch. I did notice one small typo though in the “Configuration” section you have “Smiple” instead of “Simple”. I don’t know if this is something that you would want to add to your page or not but I think it would be a good idea with more people getting into adaptive sync displays to have a section for settings to get this running properly within Retroarch.

Very nice work

I read a post earlier from Hunterk about people helping out with the WIKI.

As I myself have be doing some guides would it be better to get some sort of team going to help populate the wiki instead of individuals like us doing guides offsite??

Maybe some of the admins here could point is in the right direction and apply some rules/vetting process for adding information to the wiki.

I think the community needs to give a little back to all the hard work that gets done making such an advanced multi emulator.

[QUOTE=lordmonkus;44322]Very cool idea, will bookmark this to share with people when asking me about Retroarch. I did notice one small typo though in the “Configuration” section you have “Smiple” instead of “Simple”. I don’t know if this is something that you would want to add to your page or not but I think it would be a good idea with more people getting into adaptive sync displays to have a section for settings to get this running properly within Retroarch.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I’ll fix that.

Right now I turn Vsync off in RA and turn it on in the Graphics Card Control Panel for RA, in hopes to get better performance. Don’t know if it’s really improving anything.

Would doing that work for Adaptive Sync?

Cool, I signed up today and left a comment in retroarch wiki discussion page (well created it anyway)

Wyzrd hopefully you would like to port stuff over to the wiki. It will be less likely to get lost. I myself went to the wiki straight away when I 1st installed RA

I have just been using settings recommended by hunterk in this thread here http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4593&highlight=g-sync and it seems to be working great for me. Basically it’s just:

-turn off vsync -turn on audio sync -edit your cfg file to set audio rate control to ‘false.’ -audio_rate_control = “false”

[QUOTE=lordmonkus;44330]I have just been using settings recommended by hunterk in this thread here http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4593&highlight=g-sync and it seems to be working great for me. Basically it’s just:

-turn off vsync -turn on audio sync -edit your cfg file to set audio rate control to ‘false.’ -audio_rate_control = “false”[/QUOTE]

I will add this and link to the guide.

Well when I said adaptive sync I meant it as a catch all whether it be Nvidias G-Sync of AMDs Free-Sync. I could be mistaken in the term adaptive sync, if I was then my apologies for using the term wrong and causing confusion.

Ok I see where the confusion came from. Nvidia has Adaptive V-Sync which is their own thing turning V-Sync on and off as needed. And there is Adaptive Sync which is used as a general term for G-Sync and FreeSync which is how I used the term. Anyways, it’s all sorted and I see on the guide it’s labeled as G-Sync / FreeSync which makes it very clear what it is referencing.

I would like to add that it might be better to have Hard GPU Sync Frames set to “1” instead of “0”

It feels almost the same but it’s faster. With “0” just about anything above PS1 would make the sound crackle for me (i have an i5 4670). By changing this to “1”, the response was the same (couldn’t notice the difference) and the speed/sound problems are gone.

Also, if you launch RetroArch with Hyperspin/RocketLauncher, the save paths can only be set up in the overrides (default config gets ignored).

Thanks for the icons pack, makes sense

I know of a Guy currently doing a very indepth guide on RA windows and ALL cores. Going to hold off untill I see what comes of that.