Retroarch full screen not reacting

I have recently had a issue i haven’t seen before. when going into full screen retroach goes kinda dark and isnt responding to button input. i tried installing a new to test it seems to work when in windowed but again toggling exclusive full screen it goes unresponsive.

i figured it may be a Nvidia driver issue but i cant find a solution.

Are you using Vulkan, perchance? On my system (Win10 x64, exterrnal Radeon RX 460) that’s the behaviour I see when starting up RetroArch in fullscreen. I’ll get the first frame (or maybe more, don’t really have the tools to find out) of the menu fade-in, it stalls after that unless it’s running in the background, which turns out to be kind of a pain in the butt to work with.

I have the same issue with everything else that uses Vulkan, unless there’s also a resolution switch involved… at which point other weird issues come up, like rectangular regions updateing one frame late. If you think tearlines are bad, try having a tear-corner in the centre of the screen. I simply gave up and switched to the GL driver, but it pains me to do so.

Looks like I need to do some exhaustive testing to see if I can narrow down the conditions…

Okay, that exhausted me pretty quick. :roll_eyes:

Behaviour is… inconsistent, but always bad. I played with VSYNC, threaded video, fullscreen and windowed and windowed fullscreen and other screen resolutions. The results vary depending on the core in use, but in general, toggling the menu (usually going in, but sometimes on leaving) stalls RA after what seems to be the second displayed frame. Turning on threaded video allows it to work… sometimes? And no matter the settings, there’s a lot of microstuttering.

Amusingly, the reported display refresh rate is shown as 1.

Hey I got it fixed I reinstalled windows keeping nothing and it now works after every driver, every update for everything I can think off has been applied and nothing mase it go bad again… Not sure were the problem was.