Retroarch - Fuse doesn't seem to remember Game Specific controls?

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to set up Retroarch - Fuse (for the Spectrum) with set keys for each machine (I have a cabinet with a Hyperspin front end and so want to be able to press the same key on the cabinet to start the game etc). I managed to set up Atic Atac perfectly and then click “Save Game Remap File” in the Controls menu. I then set up Penetrator perfectly and did the same. However, when I load Atic Atac back in, it has the Penetrator controls???

So then I tried saving “Save Game Remap File” and “Save Game Overrides” but the same thing happens. It only remembers the last game controls??

Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?? I’ve got the latest RetroArch.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

** FIXED IT !!! **

Thought I would post the reason it wouldn’t work here so that if anyone else finds themselves in the same boat they can fix it.

I was changing the controls and options but I wasn’t clicking “Create game-options file” at the top of the “Options” menu!!! Once I did this then it started working as expected. So, it looks like you need to save the remap file AND create a game ‘options’ file (assuming you’ve changed this as well).

Really simple when you know about it and I should have read the options better earlier but, unfortunately, I wasn’t blessed in the brains department (or in the looks department for that matter).

Thank you for Retroarch… it’s amazing!

1 Like

could you describe step by step how you did it? in the whole retroarch I didn’t find the item: “options”? i do it like this:

1. I start the game 2.F1
  2. controls
  3. Port 1 controls -> kempston
  4. Port 3 controls -> sinclair ceyboard 6.F1 i can play but after exiting and restarting i have to repeat these 6 steps