Retroarch GUI is too big for my screen making it unusable. Windows 10

Up until recently I’ve been running Retroarch on a dual screen system without issues. When I wanted to run Retroarch I disabled my 1080p screen and let it run on my 4K TV and it ran perfectly. 3840x2160 at 60p.

Recently I’ve encountered a big problem. When I try to run it now the GUI is about 10x bigger than the TV display. I have attached a picture showing what I see on my TV when I launch it. The GUI is still responsive but you can’t do much with it like that.

The only way I can get it to work now is by going into the Nvidia control panel, disabling the 1080p screen, rebooting and then running Retroarch. This way it runs perfectly again on the 4K TV but it’s a pain having to do this.

I’m running Win 10 Pro 1709 with Nvidia 385.41 drivers on a GTX 980

Any suggestions as to what is happening and how I can fix it?

Not a solution to your problem, but I had the exact same issue when I tried to use nVidia DSR and display Retroarch in 4K on a 2560x1440 pixels monitor.

@Tromzy @IceCreamKimi

I had this exact same problem in Windows 10.

Right-click your desktop, click on display settings, and then find the “Scale and Layout” section. There’s a drop-down that says “Change the size of text, apps, and other items” above it.

Drop it down to 100%.

Your desktop will probably look small if you’ve been using it on a high-zoom level… but RetroArch simply can’t seem to handle the zoom factor of Windows 10.

This one drove me nuts for a good long while. I hope this fix helps you guys.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I’ll try that !