Retroarch, Hackchi & Sega Genesis/Games quit with keypress

I’m sorry if this is in the wrong section. I’ve searched Google, and the forum for help… however I have no found a solution (yet).

To be fair, I’m unsure if the issue is a HACKCHI or a RETROARCH issue.

I installed the newest version of HACKCHI on my Sega Genesis classic. I’ve taken the time to install RETROARCH as well.

However during game play, if I simply press down on the stock Genesis controller the system is dumping me out to the main menu (game select menu).

I’m new to RETROARCH so I’ve got no idea what is going on, why or how to fix it. Holding the START button does dump to the RETROARCH menu, which is great (and fine)…but if I cant press DOWN during gameplay this is not going to work out.

Any help appreciated.

Wanted to bump this up, see if perhaps anyone had any insight for me. I’ve not really tinkered much since posting. Thank You

So I thought I would just update this thread about my resolution. I was at a loss as to what was wrong with my console. I planed on joining up @ the “Mod My Classic” forum for help, but did not. I had posted on another coin-op related site for assistance, but I did not yield any results.

Anyway …

I decided I would just uninstall/re-install the Hackchi. So that is what I did. And it seems to have worked. Granted I did not enable the hot key (HOLD DOWN 2 SECONDS) to dump out. But with that not done all seems good. I have to press the “reset” button on the Genesis Mini to get to the menu, but I’ll deal with that for now.

Now to figure out what else to add since I have like 30 GB of space on my USB to use.