RetroArch hates Trains?

I currently use RetroArch with an official Dual Shock 3 controller via btstack and noticed something rather odd:

When using this setup on a moving train, the controller will stay connected to the device, but RetroArch will begin to ignore inputs from the physical controller about 10 seconds after successfully connecting. The LED on the controller stays lit, indicating that the controller is still connected, however nothing I press on it will work on RetroArch after that 10-second window (this varies by a few seconds from time to time). And this seems to occur much more frequently when the train is moving than when it is stationary. It doesn’t matter what model of train it is or where it is (I’ve tested this across 2 different continents), so long as it is in transit, the controller stops working shortly after connecting.

Even weirder still, the Controllers for All implementation isn’t affected by this. I can play games with a Dual Shock 3 perfectly fine whether the train is moving or not. It’s just the btstack implementation and specifically on a moving train. I haven’t experienced this on moving cars or in any other situation (can’t test this on a plane due to their restriction on wireless communications devices).

Does anyone have any idea why this happens? It’s not much of a problem for me and I’m not asking for a fix, I’m just more curious about this oddity than anything.