RetroArch input bug?

After I’ve finished playing some PS1 games and started fiddling with RetroArches settings, I’ve found an input option that I’ve definitely needed to tweak in order to help me get a “performance boost” in Gran Turismo 2 lap times, that is the analog input threshold. While lowering the setting I’ve noted that it’s kinda the same thing with analog deadzone and in a racing game that’s best to be as low as possible giving you more precision. Lower input movement for registering slight direction adjustment and on the same time larger min/max range of direction control. So, all good until I decided to lower the setting very low, or even zero. As it turns out, when in the game, (thus making use of the analog input) with a very low threshold, RetroArch starts to lose any kind of input registering and yopu’re left unable to use either your gamepad or keyboard (maybe mouse and other input devices too… didn’t tested) I guess that going under the deadzone range, where the analog reports some “brownian movement”, in some way or another, causes an “overflow” in the input and makes any kind of input to “hang”… ?