Retroarch instantly crashes Windows 7 and 10 x64

Hi,

I want to use Retroarch on a Dell Optiplex 755 with onboard Intel Q35 graphics.

When I download and extract Retroarch I doubleclick retroarch.exe and there is a directly failure: “Retroarch.exe doesn’t work anymore” I’ve got the same issue with Windows 7 and Windows 10 - There is nothing more installed on this PC. I tested the RetroArch Version 1.2.2 and 1.3.4

Can anybody help?

Kind regards lattoflex

You need to install directx 9.0c. Look online for the web installer.

How can I install Directx 9.0c on a Windows 10 machine?

did you try the web installer? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35&nowin10

What found in Dell Optiplex 755 Manual for Windows 7 is:

• To open the Task Manager, press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC.

• Click File , press CTRL and click New Task (Run…) at the same time. A command prompt opens.

• At the command prompt, type notepad, and then press ENTER.

• Paste the following text into Notepad: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts.exe]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts.exe]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts.exe\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts.exe\OpenWithProgids] “exefile”=hex(0):

• On the File menu, click Save as.

• Select All Files in the Save as type list, and then type Exe.reg in the File name box.

• Select Unicode in the Encoding list. Save it and remember the file location.

• Return to the Command Prompt window, type REG IMPORT [filepath]Exe.reg, and then press ENTER.

• Click Yes, and then click OK in response to the registry prompts.

• Log off from your account. Then, log back onto your account.

• Note You may have to restart the computer to restore the program icons to their original appearance.

• Note After the problem is resolved, delete the Exe.reg file so that it is not mistakenly added back to the registry at a later date.