Retroarch ios 1.2 NDS Help

Hey everyone. I am currently looking for a good NDS emulator for my jailbroken iphone 6+. I tried out NDS4iOS but it didn’t have as many features as I would have liked. Now I am trying to get retroarch up and running. I am having lots of issues though. Im not understanding all the settings.

When I first loaded up the app I downloaded the ds core. Everything was fine I could use the touch screen to control the menu and the game had picture. There however wasn’t a controller on the screen. So I made it have the snes overlay. Once I did that the game turned black and the touch screen controls disappeared in place of the overlay controls. I also noticed that the touch screen portion was receptive to touch at all. It says touch here to start, I touch and nothing happens.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a guide or give me some help I would be extremely grateful. Thanks

You forgot to mention you’re using a nightly. ;d

The 1.2 version for iOS is under heavy debugging apparently and once the STABLE is released, all, if not most of the issues will be ironed out.

Sadly we have to wait. Android version seems to be the dummy taking all the blows while iOS is reaping all the fixes behind it, after that, a new Android version and the awaited iOS version will come out.

… as per my assumption. ;d

Yes sorry I am indeed on the nightly. It works better than the stable for me. The frontend settings would crash my app. Thanks for the reply. Its not often you find android taking priority over ios.

Well to most users, Android, is more superior to iOS due to less jail breaking and etc… Thats why people flock to Android more, iOS is the harder part, Cause Android is open. where iOS isn’t so i guess you’ll have to wait for the official 1.2 stable release i spose

The main reason iOS is usually given priority over Android is because iOS users are known to spend more money than Android users. That’s irrelevant to us, so we prioritize the platforms that we can work on all at once and then fix the remaining issues on the oddballs (and OSX/iOS are definitely oddballs…) after that.

OTOH, iOS is much more predictable than Android from a performance and latency standpoint, so if we can get an acceptable experience on Android, we know iOS will be on the right track, too.

… now don’t start this. ;d

Sorry guys wasn’t trying to start an android vs apple thing. Both have ups and downs. Hopefully the stable fixes the issues. I look forward to playing with it. I made a phone mount for my wiiu pro controller.

I did the exact same thing for my PS3 remote! xD