Retroarch IOS 9

somebody help me… i want to connect my ipega on retroarch, but i can’t i talk spanish :frowning:

opens then closes right away, tried different cydia repos, tried to download off the downloads section here and same result, i am jailbroken on ios 9 iphone 6s plus.

Ok I downloaded the file you posted from drop box, installed it on my phone and it made a retro arch folder which I moved to the applications folder within ifile but no icon is appearing, what do we do with that file from drop box in case I did it wrong and thanks so much for your help.

Open the read me file that is inside retroarch folder and follow the instructions of Retroarch 9. I dont know why you are using ifile, you have to make this from a computer.

Only have access to computer at work, but I did find the intructions in ifile and installed one of the ipa and it opened, I will get home later and follow the rest of the instructions however kudos the app opened and no error :slight_smile: I am jailbroken and have appsync so it worked so far.

Which one you installed, Retroarch 9 or RA9? Now you need to install the cores, and when loading a n64 rom, you have to jump, from Dynarec to Cached interpreter. Because is going to crash, so be patient.

I did retroarch9.ipa

So i downloaded the posted IPA’s. Now im trying to install them on my non jailbroken iphone, with an error everytime. Do you have to do anything to the files, before you can install the IPA with i funbox? I have a mac with xcode 7, but what is it exactly i have to do with this program? Would really apreciate if someone could help me out.

Is it worth me downloading this version? I currently have the version labeled 1.2.5b that was uploaded to cydia a while back, it works great with everything I’ve thrown at it but the MFi controller mapping doesn’t work, this is the only thing I would upgrade for as I have a steel series stratus, are MFi controllers supported on this build? If not I’ll just stick with what I have as the build I have sounds far less complicated to get running and works flawlessly, I’ve also held off on updating to iOS 9 so my phone is still currently on iOS 8.4.

cheers! :slight_smile:

At Krain: Those ipas won’t work with ifunbox if you’re not jailbroken plus you need appsync. What you need is to sign them with a service like Zeusmos or iPAWiND then they will work on your stock iOS iPhone.

Nice! You only need to put the files on its place and change dynarec to interpreter and your are good to go!

Thanks for the reply. What subscrition is enough to buy at at zuesmos to complete the signing 5,10 or 15 dollar? And what is xcode 7 used for in the process?

[QUOTE=Krain;29839]Thanks for the reply. What subscrition is enough to buy at at zuesmos to complete the signing 5,10 or 15 dollar? And what is xcode 7 used for in the process?[/QUOTE]

Why you don’t jailbreak it, its cheaper, haha. And you are going to have some extras, like using a game console controller and updates.

Having issue loading core also tried online updater and then picking the core but it doesn’t show up?

MrSell: Okay mrsell one question? How did you install RetroArch if you’re not jailbroken and don’t know what Xcode 7 is? But anyways if you’re buying zeusmos buy $14.99 which includes zeusmos subscription and the certification. It is worth it but it’s up to you. In basic terms you use Xcode 7 via a Mac to make iOS/Mac applications. Once you have a project you can build it and compile then you can install straight to your phone for free with Xcode 7. No more do you need to pay $100.00. Let’s continue with RetroArch. There are two IPAs that came with the mega link which I’m pretty sure you found by now. If you install RetroArch9.ipa which is compiled from the latest git you have to codesign the cores with Xcode 7 for them to work…unfortunately. However, if you use RA9.ipa that build allows you to load a core (it should work) from within “RetroArch.app” which are pre-installed basically and are signed when you install RetroArch to your phone. The cores should be in the “modules” folder. Or the last other method would be to jailbreak.:slightly_smiling_face:

[QUOTE=Zero2029;29853]MrSell: Okay mrsell one question? How did you install RetroArch if you’re not jailbroken and don’t know what Xcode 7 is? But anyways if you’re buying zeusmos buy $14.99 which includes zeusmos subscription and the certification. It is worth it but it’s up to you. In basic terms you use Xcode 7 via a Mac to make iOS/Mac applications. Once you have a project you can build it and compile then you can install straight to your phone for free with Xcode 7. No more do you need to pay $100.00. Let’s continue with RetroArch. There are two IPAs that came with the mega link which I’m pretty sure you found by now. If you install RetroArch9.ipa which is compiled from the latest git you have to codesign the cores with Xcode 7 for them to work…unfortunately. However, if you use RA9.ipa that build allows you to load a core (it should work) from within “RetroArch.app” which are pre-installed basically and are signed when you install RetroArch to your phone. The cores should be in the “modules” folder. Or the last other method would be to jailbreak.[/QUOTE]

I had no problem installing RetroArch9.ipa on the iPhone and iPad using AppCake on my jail broken devices (with App Sync), however I cannot seem to install RA9.ipa using App cake, it gives me an error. Is anyone else having this issue, or so I just simply need to use a different means of installing the app via iFunbox or one of the other methods listed above. Please advise.

I had the same issue installing RA9 with an error no matter the program I tried and no one offered a solution.

I ended up getting Retroarch9 to finally work but no MFI controller support halted all my fun till maybe one day it gets added to the App.

[QUOTE=Quadzilla;29861]I had the same issue installing RA9 with an error no matter the program I tried and no one offered a solution.

I ended up getting Retroarch9 to finally work but no MFI controller support halted all my fun till maybe one day it gets added to the App.[/QUOTE]

Ya the no MFI support thing is definitely a problem. Maybe we can get a gofundme account going or something to bring support for Devi to get working on this. I would personally donate $50 for the cause.

[QUOTE=Zero2029;29853]MrSell: Okay mrsell one question? How did you install RetroArch if you’re not jailbroken and don’t know what Xcode 7 is? But anyways if you’re buying zeusmos buy $14.99 which includes zeusmos subscription and the certification. It is worth it but it’s up to you. In basic terms you use Xcode 7 via a Mac to make iOS/Mac applications. Once you have a project you can build it and compile then you can install straight to your phone for free with Xcode 7. No more do you need to pay $100.00. Let’s continue with RetroArch. There are two IPAs that came with the mega link which I’m pretty sure you found by now. If you install RetroArch9.ipa which is compiled from the latest git you have to codesign the cores with Xcode 7 for them to work…unfortunately. However, if you use RA9.ipa that build allows you to load a core (it should work) from within “RetroArch.app” which are pre-installed basically and are signed when you install RetroArch to your phone. The cores should be in the “modules” folder. Or the last other method would be to jailbreak.:slightly_smiling_face:[/QUOTE]

I am jail broken iPhone 6s Plus iOS 9

I would donate as well to get MFI support moving. I guess if the guys currently working on this stuff do not have an MFI controller there is 0 incentive to get it patched in.

cjori is updating “Controllers For All” to work with iOS9: https://twitter.com/cjori/status/658038288243118080 :slight_smile: