Retroarch IOS 9

Hello I recently bought a iphone 6s and im wondering how to install this app on my phone. My phone is not jailbroken. It is the playstation core i want to use. I would really apreciate if someone could explain me how to get Retroarch on IOS 9 so i can enjoy my old Playstation games.

Best regaards

without jailreak, you’ll need to compile it with xcode and sign it, that is, with a Mac computer.

Thank you for your response. I have tried compiling it, but i get an error “CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 9.0’” + like 30 other errors when i try to Archive it. I followed the guide written in this thread: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4182

Also tried with that guide, but didnt work. Threw me like 42 erros so xcode cant build it. And with jailbreak it wouldnt work any way. So, we need some one to compile it.

Just out of curiosity have you tried installing the ipa I built? Has anyone found out if the pangu iOS 9 jailbreak will play well with retro arch?

retroarch for ios 9 need to be recompiled, also there are an 99% that pangu jalibreak broken dinarec like in ppsspp. anyway all cores will work in interpreter mode.

in iOS 9, applications that aren’t natively capable of supporting 64-bit have to be recompiled due to a change in the way binaries work. binaries can’t be appropriately mapped to memory due to restrictions imposed by the instruction set architecture. Because of this, the applications can’t be loaded into memory, and thus, cannot be ran. To make these applications work again, the creators need to recompile with these linker flags: -Wl,-segalign,4000

No, i havent. Where is it?

Is there any chance someone can upload a compiled ipa for ios9? Also from what I understand all cores will only work in interpreter mode. Will this be enough to allow games like n64, PSP, nds, run on the iPhone 6s at full speed?

N64 core on cached_interpreter runs many n64 Roms at full speed on my non-jailbroken 6s plus. Games that run at full speed: banjo kazooie, banjo tooie, batman beyond- return of the joker, body harvest, California speed, carmageddon 64, castlevania 64, cruis’n world (exotica&USA), diddy Kong racing, donkey kong 64, duke nukem 64, forsaken 64, goldeneye 007, legend of Zelda - majora’s mask & ocarina of time, Mario golf, Mario kart, perfect dark, ready 2 rumble boxing 2, rush 2 - extreme racing USA, Star Wars - shadows of empire, super Mario 64, super smash brothers, tony hawk’s pro skater 1-2-3, toy story 2, turok, and wave race. There are many other Roms that I didn’t mention that run well.

why no upload an ipa or the entire app for ios all 9 users?

almost no one has a MAC, please help us all.thx

Please any help from someone who could upload a working .ipa would be a huge deal for many of us.

I have no Mac access either so I like others can do nothing but wait for a version that works with jailbreak.

i would be willing to buy someone a beer or few to get this done.

I hsve an iPad mini 4 with a Gamevice controller and just itching to get my retro gaming going on this

Thank you

[QUOTE=brujo5;29513]why no upload an ipa or the entire app for ios all 9 users?

almost no one has a MAC, please help us all.thx[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Quadzilla;29515]Please any help from someone who could upload a working .ipa would be a huge deal for many of us.

I have no Mac access either so I like others can do nothing but wait for a version that works with jailbreak.

i would be willing to buy someone a beer or few to get this done.

I hsve an iPad mini 4 with a Gamevice controller and just itching to get my retro gaming going on this

[QUOTE=Zero2029;29512]

Thank you[/QUOTE]

So I say, we must help each other

Okay sounds like a plan… If I have time today I shall upload an ipa and post it here. I have a nightly build from June that works wonders and I can also upload an ipa from the latest git which still works but of course has bugs… But it works. Those of you who don’t have a Mac and are not jailbroken can use zeusmos to install RetroArch. I’ve only used the mupen64plus core and the pcsx rearmed interpreter core. I can say for sure that these cores are working fine. What cores are you guys interested in? Remember that some cores may only work on interpreter mode on non-jailbroken iPhones. I will try to upload the cores that work on iOS 9. Hopefully everyone is on iOS 9. Compiling RetroArch is not the problem… Consider that done.

Yes, finally some one is making this possible! Thanks my friend! N64 and PSX are okey, for me.

That is fantastic news.

N64 and PSX are a great start. NES,SNES would also be very welcomed since you asked.

But whatever you have time for is fine by me.

Thank you very much.

[QUOTE=Quadzilla;29542]That is fantastic news.

N64 and PSX are a great start. NES,SNES would also be very welcomed since you asked.

But whatever you have time for is fine by me.

Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

You can download working nes and snes emu from Cydia. Dont have to wait.

That sound great!! My iPhone 6S cant wait:D

Thanks

Wow, this is great news. My 5S is jailbroken again on 9.02. I was on 8.4 TaiG and used RA build 1.0.0.2.1, which I had no problems with, then my screen shattered, and yada, yada, yada I got a new phone on 8.4.1. I tried to compile the latest builds in Xcode for a 6S and when I changed the target to a 5S, it threw off all different build fails all together. Any idea if this .ipa will be compatible with a 5S on 9.02?

i think yes. both are armv8 64bits

Sorry, thought you were talking about the chipset.