RetroArch Issues 1.3.3 w/ ios 9.1

Hello all,

I have found similar problems for retroarch users in the past but every suggestion doesn’t do the job. My ideal outcome would be to install the newest version from Cydia and it just work, maybe I’m just spoiled.

Pangu jailbreak, iOS 9.1, iPhone 6s+

Step A. I started by downloading the latest version retroarch (1.3.3) from Cydia but retroarch 1.3.3 crashes upon startup, So I uninstalled using Cydia. Next I downloaded 1.3.2 (stable) in safari then installed retroarch.deb (ios9) using ‘Filza’, respring, unlock device, but no icon. Next I opened cydia and noticed a badge on the ‘changes’ tab which was cydia letting me know that an update was available for retroarch 1.3.2, verifying that it was installed even though an icon was not present on the home screen.

Step B. Uninstalled retroarch using cydia, then installed Version 1.3.3 of retroarch once again using cydia (to get the retroarch icon back on my home screen)… Once the icon was present I installed version 1.3.2(stable) using fileza to downgrade the files, respring, unlock device, icon still present, annnddd it opens now…TYBG…

So I proceed to downloading the N64 core, next I update core info files and overlays. Back to the home screen of retroarch ,then to overlays, selected N64 game pad overlay, back to home screen of retroarch, Load Core, select n64 core, Load content, select file detect core, select ROM, CRASH!!

Faaacckk

Completed the same cycle of steps to downgrade from 1.3.3(from cydia) to 1.3.0(stable)… But same outcome…

Help!!

Thanks again.

Did you try any other cores? N64 and PSX can be crashy due to dynarec issues, so if other cores work, you can narrow down the possibilities.

Thanks for the reply,

I just tried Genesis, still says no core even though I selected one, tried to open a rom and it crashed. I used the “select file detect core” option when selecting rom… I also select core before loading rom

Hmm. dunno, probably something got fouled up during your process. maybe someone else has more insight.

What’s weird is that when I install retroarch from cydia the installation stops at “configuring retroarch” usually there’s a few more steps but it’s almost as if it’s not installing properly…

Just wanted to say, the Retroarch on Cydia hasn’t worked since March 31st (which was the last update). There’s been a couple posts about it on the github but no replies to them. Before that, the updates were coming daily, but after it broke they stopped :< I wasn’t sure what to do.

k, thanks for the headsup. I’ll try to look into it. It’s probably just something breaking the automated builds.

Cydia repo is posting builds again, and latest build works fine! All good for now.

I updated retroarch through cydia and it finally opens! Now I just need to get this core to load and I will be good to go.

thanks…ive been having trouble with the newer versions…like it just crashes so i had to stikc to 1.0.0.1

I am still having the same trouble as PaperChaseAce. “Classic” cores such as NES and Gameboy work fine, but the problem lies with N64, PSX, and other more complex ones. I notice that, just as an experiment, when I click “Load Core” and click on N64 (or any complex core), the top bar will still say: Main Menu (No Core) (As opposed toMain Menu (Mupen64plus)). I have installed RetroArch in many ways: stable, nightly, through libretro repo; but, these cores always crash regardless.

I have browsed many forums, mainly here and on Reddit, but the problem never seems to get resolved or the forum is already outdated. I am using RetroArch GIT iOS9 build 1.3.3.1461275600 (obviously, RetroArch without “GIT iOS9’” in the title crashes on startup for me), iPhone 6S w/ Pangu jailbreak 9.1. Hopefully a solution can be found!

[QUOTE=justintime57;37664]I am still having the same trouble as PaperChaseAce. “Classic” cores such as NES and Gameboy work fine, but the problem lies with N64, PSX, and other more complex ones. I notice that, just as an experiment, when I click “Load Core” and click on N64 (or any complex core), the top bar will still say: Main Menu (No Core) (As opposed toMain Menu (Mupen64plus)). I have installed RetroArch in many ways: stable, nightly, through libretro repo; but, these cores always crash regardless.

I have browsed many forums, mainly here and on Reddit, but the problem never seems to get resolved or the forum is already outdated. I am using RetroArch GIT iOS9 build 1.3.3.1461275600 (obviously, RetroArch without “GIT iOS9’” in the title crashes on startup for me), iPhone 6S w/ Pangu jailbreak 9.1. Hopefully a solution can be found![/QUOTE]

This is how i got em to works since code signing the RA ones with terminal didn’t work for me, Just copy the cores that are already working from the app happy chick. You can download it here http://www.xiaoji001.com and install with ifile or filza then once its downloaded you can download tons of games directly form the app its real nice since some games you download through your browser come with a bunch of files which can be confusing at times.

Did we ever find a real solution to this? I’m having the same problem. Running RA 1.3.4 iOS9 GIT via the Cydia repo on a non-jailbroken (code-signing subscription) iPhone. None of the cores downloaded via the online updater work. RA refuses to show the core name on the screen (meaning it is not loading) and attempting to load a rom results in a crash.

Okey, i had that issue with 1.3.4 and finally fixed that by signing the cores with the apple id i used to compile retroarch. The only problem now is that when i load a rom the app crashes, but only with the newest Retroarch.