RetroArch Libreelec Issues

Hello,

Few days ago I downloaded RetroArch on my Libreelec running on a Dell Inspiron Zino 400 HD that I have upgraded to Athlon X3 420, 4Gb Ram, SSD for the OS and 6TB HDD for movies and games.

For the most part RetroArch is running fine but I have same issues:

• Using XMB menu and navigating the menus fast with the joypad makes RetroArch crash back to Kodi. ( The are no log entries when this happens )

• Keyboard is sending all characters twice. For example when running Leisure Suite Larry 7, I have to type “Break” in some point in the game and instead of that I get “Bbrreeaakk”. Keyboard works fine in Kodi plus I tried a 2nd keyboard and had the same behavior.

• Among other emulators I have installed N64 ParaLLEl it run a bit slow on my hardware and I was messing with its settings trying to make it faster. I ended up making it worst and now it crashes back to Kodi whenever I try to load a game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the core in an attempt to revert the settings back to the default but no luck. How do I delete the settings ?

• PSone emulator PCSX ReARMed works fine and the performance is excellent but it does not recognize all of my discs that used to work fine on my computer with “Failed to load content”. Anything I can do apart from sourcing different dumps ?.

• GameCube Emulator does not run with “Failed to open libretro core” error. Here is the log:

[INFO] === Build ======================================= [INFO] CPU Model Name: AMD Athlon™ II X3 420e Processor [INFO] Capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 [INFO] Built: May 14 2020 [INFO] Version: 1.8.6 [INFO] Git: 36802f7133 [INFO] ================================================= [INFO] Loading dynamic libretro core from: “/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.retroarch/cores/dolphin_libretro.so” [ERROR] Failed to open libretro core: “/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.retroarch/cores/dolphin_libretro.so” Error(s): liblzma.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• Also I would like to know how I can stop and restart RetroArch from command line.

Thank you Chris

1 Like

Hello

Same problem here/// new install of libreelec on nuc8i5.

[INFO] [Menu]: Found menu display driver: “glcore”. [INFO] [Font]: Using font rendering backend: freetype. [INFO] [Font]: Using font rendering backend: freetype. [INFO] [Font]: Using font rendering backend: freetype. [ERROR] Échec de l’ouverture du cœur Libretro: “/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.retroarch/cores/dolphin_libretro.so” [ERROR] Error(s): liblzma.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Somebody can help please? Thanks