RetroArch Menu Too Big

im new, and im looking to this for emulation needs, so here’s my question

how do I change the size of the retroarch menu, its WAY too big for me, and its starting to hurt my eyes trying to see all the words at once

In the default materialUI/GLUI menu, you should be able to go to settings > menu and change the DPI setting to make text larger/smaller.

I imagine im looking for DPI Override, but when I tap it, it apparently makes the menu get smaller but the text doesnt change, how do I decrease the dpi instead of increase?

I’m able to make the text smaller by making the DPI number smaller (150 looks good on my screen). You’ll need to enable a control overlay when in the menu (settings > display overlay > hide overlay in menu OFF), connect a USB gamepad or edit the file manually in a text editor.

hunterk, I think I found what you meant, but that points to the controls while playing, im talking about the main menu of retroarch and no controls and the like

im currently on an adventure trying to figure out how to use either my ps3 or ps4 controller with my android device WITHOUT ROOTING, and so far, NOTHING has worked; I would be willing to root, but for the safe side, I’d rather try all non-root options until rooting literally becomes my only option; THAT, or getting a MOGA controller since I either need to get an otg cable to make my controllers work

I only mentioned the control overlay because we currently have an issue where you can make numbers larger by tapping them but you can’t make them smaller, and you need to make the DPI override number smaller here to reduce the size of the text. If you have a control overlay or a physical gamepad selected, you can just press left on the number to go from 200 to 150. If you try tapping it, it will never wrap and instead will get comically large.

I think there’s a problem with retroarch; everytime I close and repoen it, if I changed the dpi or whatever, it resets back to default values

and I figured out what you meant hunterk, and I tried using the retropad to change the value of the dpi to a small one, but it just don’t work, and apparently, when I turn on dpi override, the menu buttons (home, playlist, and settings), just squish themselves to the bottom of the screen until I either reboot the program or turn off dpi override

so it seems I must manually edit the dpi settings; may I please be told how to?