.retroarch missing

I cleared everything relating to retroarch in ifile and deleted retroarch. recently I redownloaded the nightly RA through the cydia repo but it hasn’t re-created the .retroarch folder you need to place bios in for psx and stuff. I have hidden files on, can anyone help me find this file? or can I just make my own .retroarch directory and be fine?

If it’s not there, I think you should be able to just make a new one, yeah.

it’s not working, or at least I’m putting the wrong bios in there for psx, I thought all I needed was the lowercase scph1001.bin

it also needs to match the correct checksum.

well you lost me there, care to explain?

Just because a file has the same name doesn’t mean it’s has the same contents. The BIOS file needs to have specific contents and you can determine this by looking at the file’s checksum hash, which is a unique mathematical description of the file’s contents (that’s a simplified description).

Now, with that in mind, if you load the core without any content and then go into information > core information, it will have a list of BIOS files it can use, along with their checksums, so you can compare yours against them. I’m not sure how best to get the checksum of your file on iOS, so it’s probably easier just to download a known-working BIOS. There’s a pack of BIOS files for libretro cores located on the emugen wiki but I can’t link to them directly because they are copyrighted files, just like ROMs.

However, if you’re using the PCSX-ReARMed core, the lack of a correct BIOS shouldn’t be a showstopper because it has a built-in fake BIOS. So, if that’s indeed the core you’re trying to use, something else is amiss. Try another game/dump, make sure other cores are working as expected, etc.

yes I am using the pcsx core, and the Roms do work, but I always get the message “no bios found, expect bugs” and I notice a severe difference between gameplay without bios and game play with bios that i have seen on YouTube and such. I will look and make sure I get the right bios from the website you mentioned, thank you.

just wanted to tell you it worked, thank you. audio files are a bit buggy but the games are silky smooth. all I did was replace the “system” file in RAs main directory with the one downloaded from the website you recommended. have a good day. thank you again.

np! I’m glad you got it going :slight_smile: