Retroarch Netplay Server on VPS?

Hi,

is it possible to run Retroarch Netplay as a Server only? Have a debian 8.0 VPS and wana use this as Server.

Perfectly is then only the clients have to connect and can play then together.

Did try this, but I have no luck to get it running. Retroarch try to open a FrameBuffer

Direct/Util: opening ‘/dev/fb0’ and ‘/dev/fb/0’ failed

Did try xvfb but I dont see a way to let it run in /dev/fb*

Any idea?

EDIT: Ok I got it working, buts really really slow …

xvfb-run -s ‘-screen 0 1024x768x24’ retroarch -L /usr/lib/libretro/mupen64plus_libretro.so …/ssb.z64 -H -v -D

Ok another problem is for sure, retroarch wait only for 1 player, not for 2 or more …

By the way, if I get this setup running well, I will develop a web front to join a server (with a github repo (MIT Licence))

EDIT.

Ok I saw the sources, you did implement a NETPLAY_CFG_PLAYER_SLOT for more players, but its not implement into the logic yet … An headless server, with multiple players will be awesome, if you can implement that! :slight_smile: Keep going the great work.

Yeah, our netplay doesn’t really work like that but I think mednafen standalone’s netplay is perfect for it, IIRC. We’ve also got a guy who plans to work on a more conventional netplay implementation that will be friendly to more players but there’s no ETA on it.

mednafen dont support N64 games :frowning: Thats sadly

Who work on this? Maybe I can help, my C Skills aren’t the best one, but if I understand the current Netplay System I can surly help with it. Anyway is it even possible to let retroarch run headless without video? Or is this a hard way to implement a “–headless-server” option?

EDIT: Okay found him, wrote him a email.