Retroarch nightly update for mac os x?

Noticed that the cores were recently updated for mac os x, but retroarch remains at v1.0.0.3. Any chance for a update to v1.1 nightly beta? Hitting S for search is so convenient and I miss being able to do it when i go into mac os.

There’s a smart guy working hard on it. Hopefully there’ll be something for end-users soon.

Any progress updates?

Any news on the mac development?

Closer, but still no cigar yet. They’ve gotten everything building outside of XCode except for the plist generation, so once that’s sort out, it might be done (unless another showstopper reveals itself)

Cool, appreciate it!

If you have a Mac with Xcode installed, the nightly builds compile and work properly.

I have xcode installed but not the slightest idea on how to compile a build. any chance someone could compile a mac build and put it on a filehost?

Hopefully i can get some nightly builds posted up. I want to get permission before i do so though.

Post them here it’s all right, but for nightlies we want something steady, predictable and that we can control.

Thanks Radius,

Here is the newest source compiled for OS X.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6oEvjfMjiu0SE9TQUdFdW41NkU/view?usp=sharing

I have included all of the cores, if the file size is too big, i can upload one without them.

Place it into your /Applications folder, as i have pointed the cfg file to read from there. Let me know if anyone has any trouble with it.

thanks Kai, this crashes on my latest Retina MBP using Yosemite 10.3, right after the app is launched :frowning:

Weird, runs fine for me. Do you have the Nvidia cg toolkit installed? Also it something in the cfg file is messed up, remove it and let it create a fresh one. Right click the application and select view contents, the delete the cfg file, try to relaunch it.

If that still doesnt work, i will post a fresh one without any files included, but youll have to add the cores, and other assets yourself.

I’m still new to a lot of this, so thanks for testing things out.

I think you can add the cg framework to the app bundle to ease distribution.

Thanks Kaioshade!

Could I suggest things like config / shaders / cores be in a place outside of the app bundle, like - ~/library/Application Spport/*

[QUOTE=CrispyXUK;23757]Thanks Kaioshade!

Could I suggest things like config / shaders / cores be in a place outside of the app bundle, like - ~/library/Application Spport/*[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I will put up another build either tonight or tomorrow afternoon with those changes. Thanks for the feedback.

And i swore i actually bundled the cg toolkit, but might have forgotten to. Will double check that as well.

Cool, let me know if you need any testing :smiley:

Thanks, Macbook took a dive (literally) and i havent been able to get a new build up. Just got it back, and i should have a build up tonight.

New build posted:

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64&p=24089&viewfull=1#post24089