RetroArch not detecting HATS - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2

I’m using the latest nightly on OSX 10.11.5 (MacBook Pro Retina Early 2015) and connected a Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2. In RetroArch I cannot use my dpad as it does not detect HAT input.

I’m using an application named Joystick Show to see if my buttons are working. All buttons are registered in Joystick Show so OSX does recognize them.

Is there something I can do about this?

I just tried the RumblePad on my Android device attached with USB OTG and it does work on Android! So the problem is on Mac only I guess…

Any one have a clue?

No one that can help me out? Please. :slight_smile:

If it’s not detecting the hatswitches in the ‘bind all’ menu, there’s not much to be done about it. If your other program can report the keycodes for the button presses, you might be able to manually enter those codes into your retroarch.cfg.

Thanks for the reply. Not trying to be a smart ass but why does it work on Android and Windows but not on my Mac? Just curious…

I tried OpenEMU (though I much more prefer RetroArch!) and the controller works without problems…

Just differences in drivers. None of the main contributors uses OSX extensively, so clobber et al over at OpenEmu probably know some things we don’t :slight_smile:

That, well, sucks donkey dicks… I bought the controller because it is supported under Mac OS and it’s working on my Android device with RA. Pity I can’t get it to work with RA on my Mac.

Cheers for the replies though.

You could try something like Enjoy2, which maps joystick buttons to keyboard events: http://nongraphical.com/2012/08/enjoy2-mapping-joystick-inputs-to-keyboard-and-mouse-events/

Thanks I will check it out. Does that work as good as a regular controller config? Of will I have (minor) delays?

Dunno, never tried it, myself. If it adds any delay, it would likely be very small.

Ok cheers! Gonna have a go with it.