RetroArch not saving save file location between cores.

I don’t know why, but the save file location resets whenever I change cores, for example, if I load FCEUmm core, change the save location to /saves/FCEUmm and change to mGBA, the location changes to save/FCEUmm/ instead of saves/mGBA/ even if I configured it first, and it happens with all cores, but all other configs stays the same. Any help?

That may not be included in the override-saving option. If that’s the case, the easiest thing to do would be to make your override anyway and then go in and add the line to the end of it manually.

Does the core override for mGBA include the change to save directory? You can check this by looking at the file in /RetroArch/config. You should have an mgba.cfg. Check to see if it includes the change to the save directory.

For this specific issue, why don’t you just use the Sort saves in folders option? It creates subfolders by core within your saves directory. You can do the same thing for states.

1 Like

I’m using overrides, in fact, I have overrides for all my cores, so each time I load a game, it also loads the overrides for each core, the problem is that sometimes, let’s say I open a game with mGBA and then I open a game with FCEUmm, in the config for the latter it says saving to default directory or to mGBA folder, even though I have Sort saves in folders to off and chose a different folder for each core. It doesn’t always happens, but when it does it’s really nerve wracking.

What I want to do is to use Google Drive to sync my saves between devices, and it works great, except for one core, Snes9x, because I have 2010 on Android and mainline on PC, so it creates a different folder for the same system.

And I checked the config files, and even add that line to every config I have, but it still overwrites it with the default path or with the last one, not always, but I can’t find the action tha does. Another example: I chose my external SD card for thumbnails on my “Main” config (the one that loads every time I open RetroArch) but if I open another core without the thumbnails directory set, then close RetroArch and the open it again, the thumbnails directory changes to default.