RetroArch now takes over 15 seconds to launch.... Help?

This just started happening recently… I’m not sure if its a Windows 7 issue or what.

Now, RetroArch will take 10-20 seconds to launch. After it launches once, it will behave as normal until I reboot my PC. Then, the first time RetroArch is launched again, the same thing happens again…(It just seems to hang for 10-20 seconds) then launches normally until I reboot.

I’m kinda stumped what and where to troubleshoot. Even if I launch an older version of RetroArch, I still have this issue, which makes me think it’s something with Windows.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I’ve attached a log from when this happens.

Thanks again!

This happens to me sometimes in Windows, but in reverse: it’ll start hanging at launch (also when toggling fullscreen on/off) and persist until I restart the computer, then it goes back to normal. I have no idea what makes it start behaving like that, either.

I can’t really tell anything from that log, since it looks like it finishes normally. Could you try killing it while it’s hanging? Then we could (hopefully) see what’s holding it up.

Thanks for the reply, Hunterk!

Here’s another log…It looks the same to me… I tried to escape out while it was loading, but it didn’t seem to respond until the RGUI showed up…

Any other suggestions are welcome

Happens here too, Win7x64. For logging try killing it with alt-F4 instead of Esc.

Here’s a log with killing it with alt+f4

I would swear that this just started happening within the past few days/week

???