Retroarch on Android: Can't unbind Hotkey!

Hey everyone. I’m really frustrated here. Somehow I’ve bound the menu key to select and I can’t figure out how to unbind it. I thought X (left button) would do the trick, but it only unbinds the keyboard key and not the joypad key. It will let me bind it to a different joypad key but I don’t want to give up any of my joypad keys. I tried binding it to the Back button but it doesn’t recognize it being pressed.

How can I unbind this key??

I’m using this on a GPD XD Plus btw

press the key that binds to START to erase it.

First off, I assume you mean START as in Start & Select. I did notice that seems to reset hotkeys to their default. For some reason for ‘Menu (toggle)’ it switches it to select and F1. I can remove the F1 key by pressing X and it reappears when I press start. If I change Menu (Toggle) to another key, pressing start will change it back to select.

The exact wording it shows as follows Menu (Toggle) Auto: 109 (N/A), (Key: f1)

I’ve noticed if I change to another key the word ‘Auto’ disappears. Here’s me changing it to R3 Menu (Toggle) 107 (N/A), (Key: f1)

If he press Start it returns to “Auto: 109 (N/A), Key: f1)”. If I have it set to R3 to clear it using X it changes to just “Auto: 109 (N/A)” with no key listed.

I even tried binding another hotkey to Select thinking it could only bind 1 hotkey at a time. But no, it will make Select do both hotkeys simultaneously.

I’m at a completely loss here.

I figured it out.

There’s an option in Input called Autoconfig “Automatically configures controllers that have a profile, Plug-and_Play style.”

Disabling this removed the mapped button.