RetroArch on iOS 8.4.1

I just downgraded to ios 8.4.1 because that is the newest version with an untethered jailbreak and when installing retroarch in cydia both versions crash.

There is no loading it just shows the app launch image then crashes.

Is there any way to run RetroArch on ios 8.4.1 ipod touch 5g?

I think Twinaphex is still on iOS 8.*. You could probably talk to him about it.

Solved it, had to use “xcodebuild -project RetroArch_iOS.xcodeproj” to get a .app file then delete “_CodeSignature” directory and “embedded.mobileprovision” then install with xcode.

I think the issue with the precompiled versions may be that they are only being compiled for armv8 and not armv7.

1 Like

The compiled .app on the buildbot works on ios 6.1.6 but not 8.4.1

I dont know why but it may be due to a jailbreak issue with how signatures are handled.

The ios 8.4.1 jailbreak may require a signature even if it is invalid where as the 6.1.6 jailbreak and possibly the 9.3.5 jailbreak dont care if one is present or not.(fakesigning vs not signing at all)

I am open to working on figuring out why ios 8.4.1 is crashing since my ios devices are finally jailbroken again but will need some help since I have not used ios for 2 years.

How does retroarch compile the executable present on the buildbot?(Theos or xcode)

Its a signature issue, using “iOS App Signer” I was able to install the buildbot version on 8.4.1.

1 Like

I’m jailbroken with Taig on 8.3. I had 1.6.7 running perfectly…until last night. I updated via Cydia to 1.6.9 and updated the PSX ReARMed core. Now it will run after a reboot, but eventually I’ll get throw an AMFID crash and RetroArch will crash to the springboard. I suspect it’s code-signing related to the new PSX core, but I had never encountered that before. I’m kicking myself for not leaving well enough alone. I’m deleting everything RA related off and starting from scratch. Any thoughts?

UPDATE: It’s definitely related to the new PSX Core. I copied my old cores from a saved folder and there’s no AMFID crash (which i believe is related to code signing verification). Does anyone have an older PSX reARMed core from a jailbroken instance (pre 9.0)?

Hey all,

I have just installed 8.4.1 on my device and jbed it with etason. The cydia version doesn’t work and neither do any of the buildbot versions. Can someone upload a working deb for 8.4.1?

Many thanks!

Unsure if helpful, but I use RetroArch 1.0.0.2 and it works on iOS 8.4 so…

Hello I’m trying to install RetroArch on Ipad Mini 1 iOS 8.4.1 Etson JB No idea how to do it The only version I found on Cydia is 1.0.0.1 and doesn’t work

Any idea?

Thanks