Retroarch on MacOS , PSX Roms not scanning

I am having trouble scanning PSX roms on retroarch 1.6 MacOS build. I am scanning the roms placed on a NAS server , the roms are in .cue & .bin… Dreamcast , N64 , & Sega Genesis can fine , I have googled a lot before posting , what am I missing ?

Thanks !

Do the ROMs run okay just through load core > load content?

Beyond bin/cue format, our databases use Redump checksums, so you might try replacing the cue sheet with one downloaded from redump (the bin shouldn’t matter, as long as it’s a good dump).

The ROMS play fine using core > Load content.

I’ve tried replacing the cue sheet with one downloaded from Redump , still no luck :confused:

Well, if your databases are up-to-date and it’s still not scanning for you, you might just have to use an external playlist script or utility. There are several available on this forum.

Oh that’s a bummer , I’ll check out these tools … thanks

Some other people have reported having issues scanning PSX games on other platforms, as well, so there may be a more general issue than something weird and mac-specific. So, keep an eye out and we may have a solution before long if we can find a way to reproduce/test.

@DXB I don’t have a solution, but we do have a bounty fundraiser underway to add support for an ‘Alternative’ scanning method that would probably help solve this in the future. If you have a few dollars to spare, consider adding to the bounty: https://forums.libretro.com/t/retroarch-alternate-playlist-scanning-method-15/

1 Like

This problem should be fixed now, btw.

2 Likes

How so ? Is there a new update or anything ?

Thanks

It should be fixed in the nightlies, yes, as of this commit:

1 Like

Thanks , I’ll test it out !

I confirm that scanning now works 1 , however my Dual Shock 4 does not work on the nightly (expected quirks on a nightly build) , I’ll scan on the nightly & play on the official release for now :slight_smile:

1 Like